Subject: RE: about excess electron transfer theoretical study

From: "Close, David M." <CLOSED|at|mail.etsu.edu>
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 20:38:35 -0400

There are lots of paper by Yuri Berlin at Northwestern on the theory of
transport in DNA.  I think there are also theoretical papers by Schuster
at Georgia Tech.

I don't keep up with this story.  I haven't liked it from the beginning.
I am a radiation chemist.  To say that DNA is a molecular wire is silly.
You can irradiate a Cu wire all you want, and not get any free radicals.
Since the wire conducts charge, the charges merely recombine.  If DNA
were a wire it to would have no build up of radiation induced charges.
But it is well know that DNA has a very high G-value (a measure of
radicals produced per unit of energy deposited).

-----Original Message-----
From: Computational Chemistry List [mailto:chemistry-request|at|ccl.net] On
Behalf Of jz7|at|duke.edu
Sent: Thursday, June 09, 2005 1:49 PM
To: CHEMISTRY|at|ccl.net
Subject: CCL:about excess electron transfer theoretical study

Dear all,

I am reading about study on excess electron transfer (mainly thgouth DNA
or pi-stack system). Although there are more and more experiments on
this,
I didn't find much theoretical reference talking about method study it.
Is
there really no such publication? Anyone who has seen it or know where I
can find it please give me some help! Any information would be helpful,
even reference on the conducticity of DNA would be helpful.

Thanks a lot!

Jeny

-= This is automatically added to each message by the mailing script =-
To send e-mail to subscribers of CCL put the string CCL: on your
Subject: line
and send your message to:  CHEMISTRY|at|ccl.net

Send your subscription/unsubscription requests to:
CHEMISTRY-REQUEST|at|ccl.net 
HOME Page: http://www.ccl.net   | Jobs Page: http://www.ccl.net/jobs 

If your is mail bouncing from ccl.net domain due to spam filters, please
use the Web based form from CCL Home Page 
-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+