Subject: Structure prediction course, Bergen, Norway - Sept. 19-22

From: Nathalie Reuter <nathalie|at|cbu.uib.no>
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2005 12:12:01 +0200

COURSE ANNOUNCEMENT:
Beginners course in Protein Structure Prediction
Computational Biology Unit - Bergen, Norway
September 19-22, 2005  

www.bioinfo.no/training

  The Computational Biology Unit and the Norwegian Bioinformatics 
platform are pleased to announce a beginners-course in structure 
prediction of proteins in September 2005 (19-22). The course will 
consist of lectures and exercises, including a tutorial on the Modeller 
program.

***Lecturers***
/Darrell Conklin/
 Department of Computing, City University, London

/William R. Taylor/  & /Jose Saldanha/
National Institute for Medical Research, London

/M.S. Madhusudhan/  &  /Eswar Narayanan/
Dpt of Biopharmaceutical Sciences, Andrej Sali Lab, Univ. of California, 
San Francisco

  The course is aimed towards PhD students and researchers who have 
little or no experience in protein structure prediction. Basic knowledge 
of protein structure and ability to use windows and linux operating 
systems (participants must be able to edit files and run programs) are 
pre-requisite to be able to follow the course. Experience in sequence 
analysis will be helpful. Please contact us  (contact|at|bioinfo.no) if you 
have questions regarding that aspect.

The course is free of charge (cancellation fees 1000 NOK).
Registration deadline: August 20th, 2005 
(http://www.bioinfo.no/training/courses/registration).
Program and practical information can be found on 
http://www.bioinfo.no/training

Best regards,
Nathalie Reuter

---
Computational Biology Unit
Bergen Center for Computational Science
Univ. of Bergen
N-5008 Bergen
Norway
http: //www.cbu.uib.no
http://www.bioinfo.no

****