Subject: MOPAC-93 ports (was MOPAC7 port to an RS/6000)

From: [email-masked] (Cliff Marcellus)
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 93 08:14:48 -0700

> ----------------------------Original message----------------------------
> I finally got MOPAC 93 (the licensed version of MOPAC 7) to work
> on our HP-UX (9.01) and Domain/OS (SR10.4) systems, but many changes
> were required. Here is the text summary of what I did; I will send
> the complete context diff patches to anyone who asks. I am somewhat
> surprised that these changes have not propagated back to QCPE
> by now since I sent them in 2 months ago.

  [ rest trimmed ]

  Wow!  That is a *lot* of changes.  When I ported MOPAC-93 to SGI/IRIX
  and MIPS/RISCos, the only change necessary was to have the compiler make
  all data static by default.  All the test cases ran just fine.  For the DOS 
  port I did right afterwards, the only change was to rearrange 'SAVE' and 
  'DIMENSION' statements that were in direct violation of the f77 standard.
  This affected a handful of files only.  (The hard part was writing all
  those .BAT files for automated compilation and runtime execution! {-8)

  ...just an FYI.  Sounds like HP/Apollo *still* need to work on their f77...?

Cheers
Cliff