Subject: Drug Binding Sites

From: [email-masked] (Richard P. Muller)
Date: 26 Nov 93 09:48:11

I'm interested in learning about work done to model drug binding sites
in biological systems. I remember hearing about a computer program
which designs potential drugs given a binding site, but I can't
remember anything else about it. Can anyone give me a reference for a
good review article in this field. I'll summarize if there's interest.

						Rick

P.S. Thanks for all of the responses to my question on quasiparticle
force fields for proteins. If anyone still needs a summary of
responses let me know.

--
---------+---------+---------+---------+---------+---------+---------+
 Richard P. Muller                                [email-masked]
 Beckman Institute 139-74                       (818) 395-2722 Office
 California Institute of Technology               (818) 568-9484 Home
 Pasadena, California  91125                       (818) 585-0918 FAX

---

From: [email-masked] (C.S.RAMAN)
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 1993 16:15:26 -0600 (CST)

> in biological systems. I remember hearing about a computer program

Well, you might want to take a look at the following monograph, which in
my opinion is one of the best books for what you are looking for (it is
a bit old!)

MOLECULAR FOUNDATIONS OF DRUG-RECEPTOR INTERACTION
P.M. DEAN
1987  CAMBRIDGE UNIVERSITY PRESS

Cheers
-raman
-- 
C.S.Raman                                 [email-masked] - Internet
UNIX Programming & Administration         [email-masked] - CIS
SPARC & SGI Systems                       [email-masked] - CHPC
Department of Biochemistry                [email-masked]
UTHSCSA       
7703 Floyd Curl Dr.                       (210) 567-6623   [Tel]
San Antonio, TX 78284-7760                (210) 567-6595   [Fax]
******************************************************************************
         If a man's wit be wandering, let him study the Mathematics
                                                            -Francis Bacon   
******************************************************************************