Subject: l/ll - Either Way

From: "Richard Bone" <[email-masked]>
Date: 15 Oct 1994 12:45:51 -0800

Subject:      l/ll - Either Way

If you look at Webster's New Twentieth Century Dictionary of the 
English Language, you will see that either the form  'modelled' or
'modeled' is acceptable.  The same applies to 'tunneled' and 'tunnelled',
another common source of confusion in theoretical chemistry.  One
may assume that the same criteria apply to modelling/modeling and
tunneling/tunnelling?

I guess it's more important to be self-consistent !

Richard Bone

__________________________________________________________
 
 Richard G. A. Bone, PhD.
 Computational Chemist
 Terrapin Technologies, Inc.
 South San Francisco
 USA
 
 E-mail  [email-masked]