Subject: Numeric data for biol/pharm activities in dbases

From: Jan Radomski <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 1995 17:01:04 +0200 (DST)

Dear Netters,

according to my information the following databases contain 
pharmacological and biological activities:

Chapman&Hall Dictionary of Parmaceutical Agents
World Drug Index from Derwent
ID Patent Fast Alert from Current Drugs
Agro Chem from Current Drugs
Index Chemicus

also:

Drug Data Report from MDL
Metabolite from MDL
Comprehensive Medicinal Chemistry from MDL.

With the last three we have first hand experience, and only CMC
contains activity data in numerical form (logP's and pKa's).
I'd like to ask what kind of activity data are included in
the five databases on top? Of special interest are of course
numbers, but any additional info will be much appreciated.
Also, if there are any other activity databases not listed
above, please don't hesitate to drop me a line.

I'll summarize replies for the list in case of sufficient 
interest.

Best regards,
Jan Radomski

Interdisciplinary Center for Modeling
Banacha 2, 02-097 Warsaw, Poland
voice: 48-2-6584306, fax: 48-2-6584307
email: [email-masked]