Subject: Announcement of the ISOM Electronic Bulletin and Discussion List

From: "Robert K. Szilagyi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 1995 13:02:48 -0700

A N N O U N C E M E N T

                                                September 21, 1995
Dear Sir/Madam,

   We offered preparation of the mailing list of the ISOM family following the
last session of ISOM11, Durham, two months ago. The International Symposium on
Olefin Metathesis and Polymerisation (ISOM) is a forum of metathesis research.

Background Information on Olefin Metathesis and Related Reactions:

   Olefin metathesis developed to become an interdisciplinary endeavour
comprising aspects of organic and inorganic chemistry, complex and
organometallic chemistry, homogeneous and heterogeneous catalysis, reaction
kinetics, thermodynamics, surface physics, chemical engineering, material
science and even quantum chemistry. It can be considered now as one of the
most successful organic reactions with many application: a versatile tool of
polymer- and petro-chemistry.
   Whenever a problem of molecular architecture arises, metathesis is among the
synthetic routes to be considered and evaluated for its economics. Sometimes it
comes out first, sometimes not, but it is always an alternative taken
seriously.

Some information about the two new forums installed now:
1/ The mailing and discussion list is here, containing
   more than 500 items:

			[email-masked]

   This address is aimed to function as a discussion media, as well,
   distributing your message automatically to all members.

2/ While working on the list and remembering the arguments
   supporting and urging the above action, we have decided to make a
   joint electronic bulletin:

			http://mm2.vein.hu:8000/~isom

   The Bulletin of the International Symposium on Olefin Metathesis (ISOM
   Bulletin), easily available for most metathesis researchers to help the
   scientific and the technical development of the field.

   We invite the people, who have been dedicated and devoted to the ISOM
concept and activities in the past, and the newcomers as well, to help to
enhance the scope, the quality and efficiency of this Bulletin.
   If you wish to be incorporated into the mailing list send your name and
address to

			[email-masked]

The Bulletin will be provided automatically.

  Please find the technical details below. Call, read and evaluate the outline
of our Bulletin.

  We hope, you will accept our invitation, and provide your support to
achieve our goals. The file is opened to public (free access) because the
editorial board has been completed and  the green light is given.

  We would be glad to realise your ideas, proposals concerning the content
and scope of the ISOM Bulletin. Type http://mm2.vein.hu:8000/~isom
into your uniform resource locator (URL) within MOSAIC, NETSCAPE,
ARENA or LYNX programmes to get connected. Let us know if you need any
help.

   Full documentation of ISOM9 will be also published and those of ISOM11 when
provided. Monthly updating of the data is planned. Next update will be taken
place at the beginning of October!

   I am looking forward to hearing from you.

                Sincerely yours

                                         Prof. Lajos Bencze
                                          editor-in-chief