Subject: I am sorry for the spam on CCL...

From: Jan Labanowski <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 11:10:45 -0400 (EDT)

I am sorry for the spam which appeared on the CCL.
(About delicious and healthy snacks, and how you will get rich in a day).

Please junk it... Do not respond to them, do not ask to be removed from
their list (since you will be placed on their list if you do!!!).

In the future... If it does not belong to CCL and you got it from CCL,
just junk it, do not take any actions, etc. While I try to filter
this stuff, there is no way to do it 100% fail proof with my resources.
Sorry, and thank you for your patience (only few people wanted to beat me
up... {:-)}.

The sad thing is that the message was actually stopped by the CCL scripts.
A new student was processing the mail stopped for review, and mixed up
messages to be resent. This was a human error... This really made me
uncomfortable, and we had the orientation again... I hope, it will
improve...

Jan
[email-masked]

Jan K. Labanowski            |    phone: 614-292-9279,  FAX: 614-292-7168
Ohio Supercomputer Center    |    Internet: [email-masked] 
1224 Kinnear Rd,             |    http://www.ccl.net/chemistry.html
Columbus, OH 43212-1163      |    http://www.ccl.net/