Subject: Porting GAMESS-summary

From: gshamov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 14:28:14 +0400

>       Does anyone have experience in porting GAMESS-US to Windows?
>       Unfortunately, M.W.Schmidt won'nt to port this cool wonderful
> up-and-coming
> GAMESS to Windows for some (sentimental 'MS-Suxx'?) reasons.
>       The problem is that new releases of this wonderful program are
> parallel only. And Windows and UNIX IPCs are different. I have
> compiled '*MPI'-version EXEcutable with Windows MPI library (WMPI). It
> works, but behaves a
> little buggy, and i'm unhappy with it. Does anyone tryed to port '*DDI'
> version of GAMESS, i.e. are there Windows-ported ddisock.c and
> ddikick.c ? Or may be there is a way to wipe out 'parallelization'
> >from MWSchmidt's code and compile a single-process 'GAMESS-Lite' ?
> 
> Any suggestions will be gratefully acknowleged .

Hello CCLers,

 Thanx to all replied to me! The only answer was :

Just go to PC GAMESS home page
http://classic.chem.msu.su/gran/gamess/index.html
and use PC GAMESS of Granovsky et. al.

Best regards,
 gshamov                          mailto:[email-masked]