Subject: Ions conference in Nottingham

From: Richard Wheatley <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 10:04:49 +0100 (BST)

Please pass this information to anybody in your department who might be
interested.  Thanks - Richard.

Ions in solids and liquids and at interfaces
============================================

ISLI 2000
=========

Florence Boot Hall, The University of Nottingham
Wednesday 5th - Thursday 6th January, 2000

http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/chemistry/whatson/ions.html

Scope of the conference.
========================

The conference will focus on the molecular modelling of ions, including
solid and liquid ionic substances, ions in solution, and ions at
liquid-liquid, liquid-solid, gas-liquid and gas-solid interfaces.
The invited speakers have been chosen, in part, to encourage discussion of
work at the interface between classical simulation techniques and ab initio
electron structure theory.

This will be a 'workshop' style conference in which the emphasis will be on
presenting and discussing new applications, new techniques and new problems,
rather than a 'showcase' of published work.  Postgraduate students are
particularly encouraged to attend, and a special rate is available.

The conference will begin with lunch on Wednesday, 5th January, and finish
at lunchtime on Thursday.  There will be a poster session (with drinks) on
Wednesday evening.

Contributed talks and posters are welcomed.  Please send a title and brief
abstract to one of the organisers.  In keeping with the workshop style of
the conference, abstracts will not be published.

The Nottingham University campus is situated in parkland about 4 km west of
the city centre, alongside the main A52 road, which leaves the M1 motorway
at junction 25.  Good public transport is also available, and East Midlands
airport is only 40 minutes away by road. 

Invited Speakers.
=================

Jim Rustad, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
"Molecular Simulation of Chemical Processes at Mineral-Water Interfaces"

Claudine Noguera, Orsay

Patrick Fowler, University of Exeter

Mark Wilson, Oxford University
"Networks, Chains, Rings and Holes: Intermediate-range order in ionic
systems"

Michiel Sprik, Cambridge University

Support.
========

The Royal Society of Chemistry, Statistical Mechanics and Thermodynamics
Group (SMTG)
Collaborative Computational Project 5 on Computer Simulation of Condensed
Phases (CCP5)

Organisers.
===========

SMTG and local organiser:
Richard Wheatley, School of Chemistry, University of Nottingham,
Nottingham NG7 2RD, UK.
E-mail [email-masked].  Tel: +44(0)115-95-13454,
Fax: +44(0)115-95-13562.

CCP5 organiser:
John Harding, Department of Physics, University College London,
Gower Street, London WC1E 6BT.
E-mail [email-masked].  Tel: +44(0)171-419-3506,
Fax: +44(0)171-391-1360.

Registration.
=============

Please complete the registration form and send it, with a cheque in pounds
sterling (payable to The University of Nottingham), to Dr. Richard Wheatley
at the address above.  Please state if an invoice is required.  Rates for
additional accommodation/meals are available on request.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ions in solids and liquids and at interfaces (ISLI 2000)

Florence Boot Hall, The University of Nottingham.  5th-6th January, 2000.

Registration form

Title ....  Initials ......  Surname ........................................

Male or Female? .....................

Address .....................................................................

        .....................................................................

        .....................................................................

        .....................................................................

        .....................................................................

Telephone ...........................  Fax ..................................

E-mail address ..............................................................

Any special requirements (e.g. vegetarian) ..................................

Conference Costs in pounds sterling (sorry, no credit cards)

Conference Fee, including lunch and dinner on Wednesday 5th January
	Full	                £45.00
	RSC or SMTG member	£35.00	                   ....................
	Student	                £25.00

Accommodation for Wednesday night and breakfast
on Thursday 6th January 		£30.00	           ....................
 
Lunch on Thursday 6th January		£12.00	           ....................

Late registration (after 1st December 1999)	£15.00	   ....................
	
	TOTAL	                                           ....................