Subject: Pharmacokinetics software

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 93 14:14:18 +1100

Dear ANCHODD Subscriber,

This list of software was obtained from Pharmacy Mail Exchange, which is
another electronic mail network serving the academic and research
community.  
If you are interested in subscribing, please contact the administrators
on:-

[email-masked]

Stuart McLean
____________________________________________________________

                   PHARMACOKINETICS SOFTWARE CATALOGUE

        Title: Boomer and MultiForte

        Subject Area: Pharmacokinetics

        Description: Non-linear regression programs for the
        Macintosh and IBM PC. Weighted non-linear regression,
        simulations, Bayesian analysis, and Iteratively Reweighed
        Least Squares analyses are possible. In MultiForte models
        are specified by modifying model definition subroutines in
        FORTRAN. In Boomer the model is defined by the selection
        of parameters such as dose, first-order rate constant, volume
        etc. Integrated and differential equation type models are
        possible. Fitting algorithms include Gauss-Newton,
        Marquardt, and simplex. Numerical integration routines
        include Runge-Kutta, Runge-Kutta-Fehlberg, and Gears

        Hardware:  Macintosh and IBM PC

        Contact:  David Bourne  OU HSC College of Pharmacy, 1110 N
        Oklahoma City, OK 73117-1223, USA  Tel (405) 271-6471
        [email-masked]

        Cost:40 dollars for Mac version          Source: D. Bourne

        Title: Pharmacokinetics Simulation

        Subject Area: Pharmacokinetics

        Description: Simulation software written for the Apple II
        computer. Students select model type, input plot
        descriptions input parameter values and the computer
        presents a linear or semi-log plot of the calculated
        values. With appropriate printer hard copy is available.
        Written in AppleSoft BASIC. Models include one or two
        compartment pharmacokinetic models, single and mutiple
        dose. Only integrated equation models are included in the
        Apple II version

        Hardware: Apple IIe being ported to the Macintosh (68020+)

        Contact: David Bourne, OU HSC College of Pharmacy, 1110 N
        Oklahoma City, OK 73117-1223  USA Tel:(405) 271-6471
        [email-masked]

        Cost: Distribution Only                  Source: D. Bourne

        Title: Kinetics Workshops

        Subject Area: Pharmacokinetics

        Description: Workshops to compliment pharmacokinetics
        undergraduate course self assesment style.

        Hardware: BBC Software

        Contact: Dr H Crystyn Pharm Technology School of Pharmacy
                 Bradford University Bradford UK Tel 0279 733466
                 Extn 558

        Cost: 50 pounds                          Source: DIT

        Title: Pharmod

        Subject Area: Pharmacokinetics

        Description: Powerful but very friendly pharmacokinetic
        modeling program. Models 2 different pharmacokinetic
        situations including linear and non linear elimination.
        Sample tutorial and demonstration disc available.

        Hardware: IBM compatable PC

        Contact: Dr P H Rowe Health Sciences Liverpoll Poly Byrom
                 Street Liverpool UK  Tel 051 207 3581 Ext 2069

        Cost 200 pounds                          Source: DIT

        Title:  Maxsim

        Subject Area: Pharmacokinetics

        Description: Pharmacokinetics simulation

        Hardware: IBM-compatable PC

        Contact: Gabrielsson Biopharmaceutics & Pharmacokinetics
                 Box 580, BMC S-75123 Uppsala Sweden

        Cost: 70 pounds                          Source: DIT

        Title: Mupharm - Human Drug Kinetics

        Subject Area: Pharmacokinetics

        Description: Simulation program in Pharmacokinetics

        Hardware: IBM-compatable PC

        Contact: IRL Press Oxford University Press Eynsham Oxford

        Cost: 100 pounds approx                  Source: DIT

        Title: MacDope

        Subject Area: Pharmacokinetics

        Description: Computer simulation of pharmacokinetics which
        enables patient factors and drug factors to be changed.
        Changes are reflected in drug concs. in biological fluids.

        Hardware: Mainframe computer

        Contact: Dr D Ingram Dept of Medicine St Bartholomews
                 West Smithfield London UK

        Cost:                                    Source: DIT

        Title: ADAPT II

        Subject Area: Pharmacokinetics

        Description: Non-linear regression programs for the
        VAX/VMS, DOS, or SUN/UNIX. Models are specified using
        FORTRAN statements. Requires a FORTRAN compiler as each
        model is recompiled before use. Simulation can be error free
        of with noise or based on population values. Uses the LSODA
        method for numerical integration (which is suitable for non-
        stiff and stiff problems). The program will perform simplex
        optimization, maximum likelihood and Bayesian fitting or
        will develop optimal sampling designs.

        Hardware:  VAX/VMS, DOS, or SUN/UNIX

        Contact:  David Z. D'Argenio, Biomedical Simulations
        Resource, University of Southern California, Los Angeles
        CA 90089-1451, USA Tel (213) 740-0839

        Cost: Free (in U.S.)                     Source: D. Bourne

        Title: NONMEM

        Subject Area: Pharmacokinetics

        Description: Computer prgram for fitting nonlinear mixed
        effects (statistical regression-type) models. These
        techniques are particularly useful where the data are
        population pharmacokinetic data and when there are few
        measurements from each subject and/or the variation between
        subjects is considerable.

        Hardware:  Computer capable of compiling FORTRAN77 code, but
        workstation, mainframe recommended.

        Contact:  Dr Stuart Beal, The NONMEM Project Group, Clinic-255,
        University of California, CA 94143 USA

        Cost: Academic US$150 per year             Source: D. Bourne

        Title: SAAM30 and CONSAM

        Subject Area: Pharmacokinetics

        Description: Computer programs for performing non-
        linear regression analysis. Models are specified by
        means of various parameters or free-form equations.
        SAAM30 is operated in batch mode while CONSAM is more
        interactive. Numerical integration routines are available
        non-stiff and stiff systems.

        Hardware:  VAX/VMS and DOS

        Contact:  Loren A. Zech, M.D., N.I.H./NCI, Laboratory of
        Mathematical Biology, MD 20892 USA Tel (301) 496-8914

        Cost: Free (in U.S.)                     Source: D. Bourne

        Title: Pharmacokinetics

        Subject Area: Pharmacokinetics

        Description: CAL porgrams in pharmacokinetics

        Hardware: (1) BBC   (2) IBM-compatable PC

        Contact: (1) Alan Kensley  (2) Dr Foster, Dept of Pharmacy
                 Manchester University Manchester UK Tel: 061 2752340

        Cost:                                    Source: DIT