Subject: LView Pro 1.8 [0/7]

From: [email-masked] (Leonardo H. Loureiro)
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 1994 10:02:52 GMT

LVIEWP18.ZIP     MSWindows image file editor/viewer

LView Pro 1.8 is a image file editor/viewer/converter for Microsoft 
Windows 3.1, Win32s and Windows NT. LView Pro loads/saves image files 
in: JPEG JFIF, GIF 87a/89a, Truevision TARGA, TIFF, Windows and OS/2 
BMP, ZSoft's PCX, and PBMPLUS' PBM, PGM and PPM formats.

LView Pro performs batch compression, batch printing, contact sheet
image merging and slideshow viewing.

Supported retouch operations include: Cropping, Resizing, Rotating, 
RGB, Contrast, HSV, YCrCb, Gamma, conversion to Grayscale, photo 
Negative, Interactive RGB editing with algebraic function mapping 
definitions, individual palette entry edition, editable image filters, 
adding text and full support for cutting, pasting and moving image 
pieces. LView Pro supports 24 bit images and 8 bit images, providing 
a configurable quantizer. Floyd-Steinberg Dithering is also supported.

Windows drag-and-drop, file name extension association and printing
are also supported.

This SHAREWARE version of LView Pro requires a 386 or better CPU 
and is a 16-bit application designed for Microsoft Windows 3.1.

Registered versions of LView Pro may be obtained for the 486 or 
Pentium, for Windows NT and Win32s. 

A true color SVGA card is also recomended, though the software 
will run under on most cards. Some of the editing operations 
require a mouse or other pointing device.

Uploaded by the author, Leonardo Haddad Loureiro, who can be 
reached at [email-masked]. Please, direct E-mail 
mentioning LView Pro in the subject line.

 ***********************************************************

What's new in version 1.8?

Version 1.8

- New image file formats:

  . Aldus' Tagged Image File Format (TIFF) 6.0

      reads 1, 4, 8 and 24-bit/pixel images, in strip or
      tile format, uncompressed or compressed with LZW,
      PackBits, Next compression or Thunderscan

      writes 1, 4, 8 and 24-bit/pixel images, always in
      strip format, either uncompressed or with LZW
      compression

  . ZSoft's PCX: 

      reads all versions, 1, 4, 8 and 24-bits per pixel
      writes PCX version 3.0

  . Jef Poskanzer's PBMPLUS:

      reads PBM, PGM and PPM formats, in ascii or RAWBITS
      writes PPM RAWBITS format

- Changed "3D" painting style for dialogs windows and 
  controls

- Option "All Files (*.*)" added to File/Open dialog

- Bug fixes

  . File/Multiple Open would not enable the "OK" button
    after loading a list of files from a text file

  . Depending on the font size, the Options/Quantizing 
    and Retouch/Color Depth dialogs would not allow a
    custom number of colors with more than two digits 
    to be entered

  . File/Open would exhibit a error message under some
    conditions "(Undocumented error 3002")

  . Edit/Rotate when applied to detached selection areas
    would sometimes fail to update pieces of the image 
    underneath the area