Subject: TeX-FAQ-supplement (part 2 of 3)
From: [email-masked] (Guoying Chen)
Date: 09 Apr 1994 00:52:29 GMT
Newsgroups: comp.text.tex,news.answers,comp.answers

Archive-name:  tex-faq-supplement/part2
(c)Copyright by Guoying Chen. All rights reserved. 1992-1994

[10] Indexed Product information for TeX and friends      
Many stuff in the following part are contained in recent distributions
package by TUG CTAN sites. Ask you system administrator for info.
Of course, you can find these listed entries individually based on our
information. If some info is out of date, PLEASE inform me so that
I can update it promptly...

Certain sites are labelled as follows:
    [primary] -- primary distribution point
    [latest]  -- latest version resides here
    [not]     -- use of this site is disrecommended because it's slow, or
                 is not designed for heavy use, etc.  Use it as a last resort.
    [niord]   -- this file is also available from niord.
    [ymir]    -- this file is also available from ymir.

Newsgroups are also listed as "sites", meaning that the program in question
was posted to that newsgroup and should be available from any site that
archives those newsgroups.

[email-masked] (Liam R. E. Quin) maintains a master list of fonts,
selections of which are included below.  Consult his master list
(posted monthly to comp.fonts and comp.text.tex) for a bigger list of fonts.

Product         where                   Comments/Directory
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
%%A
AdjKerns	spi.ens.fr		/pub/tex/yannis/adjkerns/*
		virtual font package for Esperanto and other langs (?)

Adobe font      ftp.cs.umb.edu          per Karl Berry's article in TUGboat
names           192.12.26.23            pub/tex/fontname
	Also available are standard 35 PostScript fonts: tex/psfonts.tar

addindex	comp.text.tex		[email-masked]
		(Posted Dec.31, 1991)   util for adding index entries
					to LaTeX files

ADDRESS		Niord.SHSU.edu		(general-purpose) generating
		(192.92.115.8)		form letters, using TeX or LaTeX

afm2tfm         labrea.stanford.edu      in pub
					 convert Adobe afm files to tfm format

AFtoPL          archive.cis.ohio-state.edu  v2.0 by Clayton M. Elwell

aft2tfm         part of dvips

AMSFonts [y]    e-math.ams.org [pl]     v2.1; Euler, extra math, cmex, cyrillic
                130.44.1.100            /ams/amsfonts, /ams/tfm-files
    The tex-archive mailing list is used for announcing changes to the
    contents of e-math.ams.org.
    Administrative contact for E-MATH:  [email-masked].

AMS-LaTeX       e-math.ams.org          v1.1
                                        /ams/amslatex
amspell		simtel.mil		by [email-masked]
	a general purpose spell checker for TeX (for DOD PC only)

AMSTeX          e-math.ams.org          v2.1
                                        /ams/amstex

ape             anna.stanford.edu       Sriram Sankar's Ada macros for TeX

APL font        ymir.claremont.edu       [anonymous.tex.mf.misc]cmapl10.mf
                                        with supporting macros in
                                        [anonymous.tex.inputs.plain-contrib]

APL font        power.eee.ndsu.nodak.edu
                134.129.123.1           apl-tex-font/27-Jul-90

ArabTeX         ftp.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de [n] at pub/arabtex
                129.69.211.2            by Prof. Klaus Lagally
                                        ([email-masked])
	       also avail at cs.arizona.edu and SHSU.edu.
	Support languages of: Arabic, Persian, Urdu, Pashto.
	[Note]: A commercial Persian Language version of TeX (Parsi-TeX) is
	available from: Dadeh-Kavi Iran Inc. 417 Dr. Shariati Avenue, 
	Bagh-e Saba, Tehran, Iran 16139  Tel: (9821) 76-00-14
	More details about the specifications of the software
	are available via anonymous ftp from  <tehran.stanford.edu>
	in the pub directory, under the names ptex1m.gif and ptex2m.gif

ASAETR		pasture.ecn.purdue.edu	pub/mccauley/tex/asaetr
		128.46.161.85		by [email-masked]
		a set of LaTeX and BibTeX styles for Journals of
		American Society of Agricultural Engineers.
	also avail at shsu.edu in dir [FILESERV.ASAETR] as ASAETR-1_1.ZIP,
	individual files in [FILESERV.ASAETR.ASAETR-1_1].

ascii2german.sh                         by [email-masked] (Dorai Sitaram)
                titan.rice.edu          directory /public

      ascii2german converts "ae" "oe" "ue" and "ss" to the appropriate German
      characters.  Not infallible due to ambiguities like "Masse" and "Ma{\ss}e".
      (see also diac.shar)

asc2tex		comp.text.tex		by Dov Grobgeld
		post Dec.8, 1991	([email-masked])
	--Note (was prev Ascii2TeX)	(sh archive and perl script)

Astrological
font
                tex.ac.uk               [tex-archive.fonts.planets]

atex            icsi-ftp.berkeley.edu   Arabic LaTeX (incl. fonts)
                                        pub/ai/atex/atex.tar.Z
ATK		emsworth.andrew.cmu.edu
		(128.2.30.62)
	ATK, the Andrew Toolkit, offers a full functionality text object
	including multiple fonts, colored text, and formatting.

	To get a demo of ATK without building it, finger
	[email-masked]  (128.2.30.51)

AUC-tex		ftp.iesd.auc.dk		/pub/emacs-lisp/auctex.tar.Z
	 a TeX/LaTeX development environment for Gnu-Emacs and Lucid Emacs.
	send comments and questions about AUC TeX to
		[email-masked]
	to join the mail list, send a request to
		[email-masked]

%%B
Babel fonts     ymir.claremont.edu      [anonymous.tex.babel]
    The Babel fonts are a collection of various language fonts:
    Classical Greek, Modern Greek, Hebrew, Modern Icelandic, Cyrillic,
    Modern Turkish, German (Gothic/Fraktur).

babel		ftp.tex.ac.uk 		pub/archive/languages/babel

Bar code fonts  ymir.claremont.edu      by Dimitri Vulis
                                        [anonymous.tex.mf]

bbfig		SHSU.edu		calculates the %%BoundingBox of
					PostScript figures
					by Bernie Cosell's <[email-masked]>
	Alternative To retrieve the entire package of 4 files
	include the command:	 SENDME BBFIG
	in the body of a mail message to [email-masked]

BibCard         crl.nmsu.edu            by Bill Ogden ([email-masked])
                128.123.1.14            an X interface to BibTeX databases
                                        pub/misc/bibcard?.?.tar.Z

BibCard		ftp.uni-stuttgart.de  X interface to bibtex
					under dir of /soft/tex/bibtex

bibfix		comp.text.tex (posted March 19, 1992)
	Bibliographic cross reference generator for LaTeX
	contact author: [email-masked]

Bibframe	(ftp site ??)		allow using BibTeX citation database
					under Framemaker
					Contact author: [email-masked]

bibtest 	ifa.ethz.ch		creates a list of bib. entries
					from given bibliography files
					at bibtest.tar.Z

BibTeX          june.cs.washington.edu  v.99c

BibTeX          labrea.stanford.edu     v.99c, directory bibtex

BibTeX          phoibos.cs.kun.nl       for the Archimedes (from Acorn)
                                        pub/ToalTeX

BibTeX          dsrgsun.ces.cwru.edu    for Atari ST by J. Longs

BibTeX          midway.uchicago.edu     for Macintosh

BibTeX          eedsp.gatech.edu        for MS-DOS
                                        v99 by J. Demel and Dimitri Vulis

BibTeX          titan.rice.edu          for MS-DOS
                128.42.1.30             public/PC-BibTeX.tar

BibTeX for plain TeX
                ymir.claremont.edu      by Oren Patashnik

BibTeX style archives
                sun.soe.clarkson.edu    directory pub/bibtex-style
                                        E.g. Amer. Psych. Assn.

bibtools     ftp.uni-stuttgart.de  collection with a command line interface
					in /soft/tex/bibtex

bibtools	cs.duke.edu		dist/sources/bibtools.shar.Z
	a collection of tools to maintain my BibTeX library.
	(includes an enhanced GNU Emacs BibTeX mode for entering and
	manipulating references, Perl programs to search for references etc)

bigLaTeX	ftp.maths.tcd.ie	pub/Mac/TeX
	bigLaTeX for the Mac. This is a "vanilla" port of Unix-TeX,
	with no sophisticated features. However, the sizes of large
	arrays are read in at run-time from the file "TeX Preferences"
	in the Preference folder.

Blutex		ccvr1.cc.ncsu.edu	/pub/TeX/blutex.tar.Z
	formatted for proposals, thesis, records of study, bar charts etc

bm2font		ftp.uni-stuttgart.de	soft/tex/graphics/bm2font/bm2fontC
	a relevant package is pbmtopk. where ?

BoxedEPS	rsovax.ups.circe.fr  [130.84.128.100] in the dir siebenmann.
     a macro for including Encapsulated Postscript Files into TeX/LaTeX files
     in a highly portable way. It supports OzTeX (1.41 and previous
     versions) besides other features.

brief_t.zip     ugle.unit.no            by P. Haedne.  LaTeX template for
                                        the BRIEF editor.
                                        pub/msdos/brief_t.zip

BST		shsu.edu		bibtex style archive in [FILESERV.BST]
	privoded by Nelson Beebe <[email-masked]>. These have
	been collected from the local archives at Utah, plus a scan on 
	[27-Jun-1992] of about 900 Internet ftp sites indexed by
	archie, plus the contents on [27-Jun-1992] of the UK Aston TeX
	archive on tex.aston.ac.uk in
	disk$tex:[tex-archive.bibtex.styles.contrib] 

btt             (posted to comp.text.tex by [email-masked])
                                        BibTeX tools
%%C
C++2LaTeX [y]   ftp.informatik.rwth-aachen.de
                134.130.52.1            LaTeX pretty-printer for C and C++
                                        filename C++2LaTeX-1.1-PL5.tar.Z

C++2LaTeX       fidji.informatik.uni-freiburg.de
                132.230.30.80           ftp/soft/tex

C++2LaTeX       cnam.cnam.fr
                192.33.159.6            ftp/pub/TeX

c2latex         sun.soe.clarkson.edu    pretty-prints C code as LaTeX

cassette.tex                            by [email-masked] (David R. Strip)
    					for printing cassette labels.

"cass labeling" liasun3.epfl.ch		by Greg Titus <[email-masked]>
					an easy-to-use cassette labeling
					program using TeX

cc2tex		nuscc.nus.sg		a program to put Chinese text in
		[137.132.5.2]		latex format with the psfig utility
					at dir pub/tex
					(by: [email-masked], Wu Zhi Biao)
cc2tex		crl.nmsu.edu		(same as above)

cdvi            wsmr-simtel20.army.mil  MS-DOS previewer, PD1:<MSDOS.TEX>

ChemTeX         tex.ac.uk               macros for chemical structure
                                        diagrams, by Roswitha Haas.
                                      directory [TEX-ARCHIVE.LATEX.CONTRIB.CHEMTEX]

Chess fonts     ftp.cs.ruu.nl       version 1.1 by Piet Tutelaers
                131.211.80.17            see also the TUGboat article
                                        pub/TEX/chess.tar.Z

Chicago		shsu.edu		at [FILESERV.BST]
	Chicago -- a BibTeX style

ChTeX           chiris.stevens-tech.edu Chinese TeX by J. B. Wang
                192.12.216.114          source, fonts, VMS and DOS binaries.
                NB!  Login as userid "ftp", not "anonymous"
                [On 22-Jul-1991, this site appeared to be dead.]

ChTeX           crl.nmsu.edu            Chinese front end for TeX by JB Wang
                128.123.1.14            source in pub/chinese/ChTeX.tar.Z

ChTeX           neon.stanford.edu       Chinese TeX
                                        incoming/ChTeX.tar.Z
    The neon ChTeX says that it requires dvi2ps from crl.nmsu.edu.

CMacTeX		math.tamu.edu		by Tom Kiffe
        the Mac porting of the UNIX TeX code (latex, dvips, all other util...)

CMBB		SHSU.edu		in dir [FILESERV.CMBB]
	blackboard variant to Computer Modern fonts
	by Gilles F. Robert <[email-masked]>

CM fonts [y]    labrea.stanford.edu     METAFONT sources, pub/tex/cm

CM fonts in Postscript
		liasun3.epfl.ch       /pub/ps/fonts/cmrps.tar.Z
		src.doc.ic.ac.uk      /text/TeX/cmrps.tar.Z
                ftp.cs.colorado.edu      ??? 

CMPica          ymir.claremont.edu      typewriter font by Don Hosek
                                        [anonymous.tex.mf.pica]
    Italic and boldface come out as underlined and wavy-underlined,
    suitable for picky PhD formatting requirements from typewriter days.

cnoweb          u.washington.edu        v1.4 by Jim Fox
    pretty-printer for C source.  Sets code in tt font, sets
    comments in roman with delimited switches to bold, italics,
    or typewriter fonts. Section and Subsection headers, rules,
    table of contents and synopsis.

comment environment
        (a)     see Sch\"opf macros ("verbatim.sty")
        (b)     use "annotation.sty" by Tom Hofmann, [email-masked]
        (c)     use "version.sty" by Stephen Bellantoni, [email-masked]
        (d)     use "comment.sty" by Victor Eijkhout in TeXhax-72,1990
		avail at cs.utk.edu in /pub/eijkhout/tex

Common-TeX      berkeley.edu            v2.9 by Pat Monardo ([email-masked])

Common-TeX      isis.cshl.org           v3.20 by Pat Monardo
                                        /tex/commontex320.tar[.Z]
                                        The final release until late 1992.

cspex10                                by [email-masked] (Alan Jeffrey)
    delimiter font for variable-sized [[ .. ]] brackets.  Another font has
    blackboard bold greek, punctuation, and `lots of things you'll never need'.

curriculum vitae                      by [email-masked] (R.B. Rodger)
                (posted to comp.text.tex)

cweb            princeton.edu           by Silvio Levy  at ???
	and     shsu.edu 	        at [FILESERV.CWEB] dir

cweb [y]        labrea.stanford.edu     by Silvio Levy and Don Knuth
	
CWEB for DOS	ymir.claremont.edu: [anonymous.tex.ibm_pc.web]cweb386.zip

CWEB technical report                   by Donald Knuth, October 1990
        CWEB User Manual - CWEB System of Structured Documentation
        Mail $20 to Stanford University / Computer Science Department
        Attn: Publications / Bldg: 460, Rm: 206 / Stanford, CA 94305 USA

Cyrillic font   june.cs.washington.edu [p] [y] by Tom Ridgeway
                                        U of Washington's Cyrillic fonts
    The AMS Cyrillic font is the same as the UW Cyrillic font.
    To subscribe to the RUSTEX-L mailing list (Cyrillic typesetting),
    send mail to [email-masked] with the line
         SUBSCRIBE RUSTEX-L Your Name

%%D
DECUS 1990 TeX Collection               directory /decus/tex directory
                wuarchive.wustl.edu
                128.252.135.4
	also avail in niord.shsu.edu in dir [FILESERV.DECUS-TEX]

Devnagri fonts	cs.duke.edu		dist/sources/devnagri.tar.Z
		Fonts by by Frans Velthuis, instructions avail in the package.

detex           UNIX TeX tape           tex82/contrib/trickey

detex           arthur.cs.purdue.edu    v2.5 by Daniel Trinkle
                128.10.2.1              ftp/pub/trinkle/detex-2.5.tar.Z
	Darrel R Hankerson <[email-masked]> told me that
	OS/2 version 1.x--2.x and MSDOS executables is avail at 
	ftp-os2.nmsu.edu at /pub/os2/all/unix/tex
	there is a different detex avail at simtel20.army.mil pd1:<modos.tex>

Devanagari script characters            by Frans Velthuis
    Devanagari TeX for Indian languages ([email-masked])
    sites:	june.cs.washington.edu, SHSU.edu and cs.duke.edu (dist/sources)

diac.shar       nestroy.wu-wien.ac.at   by Gustaf Neumann
                                        pub/src/Typeset
    diac converts "ae" "oe" "ue" and "ss" to the appropriate German
    characters.  Not infallible due to ambiguities like "Masse" and "Ma{\ss}e".

diagram		ftp.cs.ruu.nl	latex diagram package
[packages]				at [TEX/DIAGRAM]

difftex.sh      posted by [email-masked]
                                        takes two files and produces a third
                                        that contains change bars.
                                        use with changebar.sty.

Dingbat characters
                ymir.claremont.edu      by Doug Henderson
                                        [anonymous.tex.mf]

DirectTeX	ftp.uni-stuttgart.de	by Wilifried Ricken
	this is a shareware package for the Macintosh that runs under MPW and
	is extremely complete; including TeX, BigTeX, MF, BibTeX, MakeIndex,
	and whatnot.
	E-Mail: [email-masked]

DOSTeX          wsmr-simtel20.army.mil  PD1:<MSDOS.TEX>

dutchsort.bib   (posted to comp.text.tex)
                                        by [email-masked]
    sorts non-English (esp. Dutch) names properly.

dvgt		    ftp.shsu.edu : tex-archive/dviware/dvgt/
		    ftp.tex.ac.uk : pub/archive/dviware/dvgt/
		    ftp.uni-stuttgart.de : soft/tex/dviware/dvgt/
	a DVI previewer for unix. (an enhanced unix version of dvitovdu.)

dvi2dj          pacific.mps.ohio-state.edu
                                        HP DeskJet, by James Krause
dvi2dvi		simtel20.army.mil       by Peter Sawatzki
		in pd1:<msdos.tex>
		
dvi2lj          nestroy.wu-wien.ac.at [l]
                                        HP LaserJet driver by Gustaf Neumann
                                        pub/src/Typeset/dvi2xx

dvi2lj          ftp.cs.ruu.nl       HP LaserJet driver by Gustaf Neumann
                                        pub/TEX/DVI/dvixx050.zip
   The dvi2lj driver has gotten good reviews.

dvi2pcl		hybrid.irfu.se		by [email-masked]
		130.238.30.23		 (search from pub/ )
	the dvi to HP PCL printer driver

dvi2ps          june.cs.washington.edu  of unknown authorship

dvi2ps          crl.nmsu.edu            of unknown authorship

dvi2ps          unknown                 by Tony Li

dvi2tty         ftp.cs.ruu.nl       ASCII dvi previewer
                131.211.80.17            pub/TEX/DVI/dvi2tty.shar

dvi2tty         comp.sources.misc       Displays dvi files (crudely)
                                        on a character-based terminal.

DVItoVDU        augean.ua.oz.au         original by Andrew Trevorrow
                129.127.4.2             C port by [email-masked] (Ian Dall)
                                        pub/misc/dv.tar.Z
                                        patches in pub/misc/dv.patch.Z
    Mr. Dall says, "dvi previewer for tek, regis and other terminals".

dvi3ps          pacific.mps.ohio-state.edu
                                        merge of several dvi2ps versions,
                                        by Kevin Coombes ([email-masked])

dvi3ps          ftp.math.lsa.umich.edu merge of serveral dvi2ps versions,
                141.211.64.51           by Kevin Coombes, pub/kevin
                                        Version 3.3 (1 May 1990).

dvi3ps          archive.cis.ohio-state.edu  merge of several dvi2ps versions,
                                        by Kevin Coombes

dvi72m          midway.uchicago.edu     dvi-to-quickdraw

dvibit          UNIX TeX tape           tex82/contrib/dvibit
                                        dvi previewer on BBN Bitgraph

dviconcat       mimsy.umd.edu           Combines dvi files, by Chris Torek
                128.8.128.8             tex/mctex.beta.1dec89.Z

dvicopy         tik.vtt.fi              by P Breitenlohner
                                        ftp/pub/tex/dvicopy.{web.Z,ch}
    copies a dvi file ``expanding'' characters from virtual fonts to the
    corresponding non-virtual font characters, movements and rules.

dvidis          cs.yale.edu             v3.4 VAXStation previewer
                                        by Jerry Leichtner

dvidoc          nicol.jvnc.net          TeX-to-text converter
                                        pub/dvidoc.tar.Z

dvidoc          ftp.uni-stuttgart.de  modified by Rainer Schoepf
                129.69.8.13             to handle mathematical formulas
                                        soft/tex/drivers/dvidoc.new

dvidvi          labrea.stanford.edu     by Tomas Rokicki
                                        extracts pages from dvi files
                                        pub/dvidvi.tar.Z

dvidvi		ac.tex.uk		MSDOS version (precompiled,BOO-encoded)
		(UK TeX Archive)	[.drivers.dvidvi]dvidvi.boo
					(by [email-masked])
DVIDVI		[email-masked]	by McGrath <[email-masked]>
		a different version of the VMS port of DVIDV

dvidvi for IBM-PC (OS/2 & MSDOS)
		ftp-os2.nmsu.edu	pub/os2/all/emtex/dvidvi.zip
				by Darrel Hankerson [email-masked]

dview           wsmr-simtel20.army.mil  MS-DOS previewer, PD1:<MSDOS.TEX>

dvihplj         ymir.claremont.edu      by Eberhard Mattes
                                        [anonymous.tex.ibm_pc.drivers.emtex]
                                        dvidrv*.zip

dviimp          labrea.stanford.edu     IMAGENDVI driver, directory imagen

dvijep          math.utah.edu           /pub/tex/dvi/dvi.tar.Z

DVIM72-Mac      bigbird.csd.scarolina.edu [p]
                129.252.42.2            v1.9b13 by Jim Walker

DVIM72-Mac      mac.archive.umich.edu   v1.9b4 by Jim Walker
                                        /mac/utilities/print

DVIM72-Mac      midway.uchicago.edu     in directory dvi2img
    Print OzTeX output on QuickDraw printers.

dvimswin        wsmr-simtel20.army.mil  MS-Windows previewer by Doug McDonald

dvimswin        c.scs.uiuc.edu          MS-Windows previewer by Doug McDonald

dvimswin        cica.cica.indiana.edu	MS-Windows previewer by Doug McDonald
                129.79.20.22

dvipage         comp.sources.unix       Sun previewer for TeX DVI files
                Volume 15

dvipage         june.cs.washington.edu  Neal Hunt's previewer for Sunview (v3.0)

DVIpaste	(ftp site ???)		(introduced by Raj Singh)
	designed to produce files that conform to the TeX specifications 
	for .dvi files, even though they may actually be too big to be
 	produced with normal implementations of TeX. More particularly, it
	allows the material appearing on individual pages of a `secondary' file
	to be inserted into a `main' file.
	for latest copy, contact Dr. Mackay ([email-masked])
	
dvipr           unknown

dvips           labrea.stanford.edu     by Tomas Rokicki
                neon.stanford.edu       Version 5.46
   dvips546.tar.Z  - includes dvips source, PSlatex.
   dvipslib.tar.Z  - includes VF and TFM files for PS fonts
   dvipsafm.tar.Z  - includes AFM files for common PS fonts
   dvips.ps.Z      - dvips manual in PostScript form

dvips           ftp.win.tue.nl          version 5.4 by Tomas Rokicki
                131.155.70.100          /pub/tex (the dir contains other
					tex distributions)
	(/pub/tex/latexstyle contains an automatic mirror of latexstyles
	from sol.cs.ruu.nl)

dvips           ymir.claremont.edu      ported to VMS
                                        [anonymous.tex.drivers.dvips_new]

dvips           terminator.cc.umich.edu by Tomas Rokicki, ported by Russel Lang
                                        MS-DOS version.
                                        pc1/text-mgmt/TeX/dvips*.zip
dvips /os2	ftp-os2.nmsu.edu	downloads directory
		dvips port for os/2 V2.0

dvips54         monu1.cc.monash.edu.au  MS-DOS version (precompiled)
                                        pub/dvips54.zip, dvipslib.zip

dvips5478       shape.mps.ohio-statel.edu MS-DOS version (precompiled)
                                        pub/msdos/dvips/dvips5478

dvips547        ftp.cs.ruu.nl       MS-DOS version (precompiled)
                131.211.80.17            dvips547_msdos_exes.zip

dvipsk 		ftp.cs.umb.edu		([email-masked])'s dvips
		[192.12.26.23]		ub/tex/dvipsk.tar.Z

dviselect       mimsy.umd.edu           Chris Torek's page extractor
                                        tex/mctex.beta.1dec89.Z

dviselect	tex.ac.uk 		MSDOS version (precompiled,BOO-encoded)
		(UK TeX Archive)	[.drivers.seetex.dviselect]dvisel.boo
					(by [email-masked])

DVI Standards Document                  also contains file format definitions
                ftp.th-darmstadt.de     pub/tex/dvi-standard/standards/
                                            draft-0.05a.tar.Z
	included in this doc are definition of TFM, GF, and PK file format.
    also avail at ymir.claremont.edu at [.tex.dvi-standard.standards] and
	ftp.uni-stuttgart.de (updated monthly [at the 1st])
        /soft/tex/drivers/driv-standard/level-0/

dvisun          UNIX TeX tape           tex82/contrib/dvisun
                                        dvi previewer for Sun II

dvitype         CTRSCI.MATH.UTAH.EDU    by Nelson Beebe

dvivga          c.scs.uiuc.edu          MSDOS VGA previewer by Doug McDonald
                128.174.90.3            dvivga1.arc is the executable and docs.
                                        dvivga[2-8].arc are font files.
                                        dvivga9.arc is the source.

dvivga          wsmr-simtel20.army.mil  MSDOS VGA previewer by Doug McDonald

DVIWIN		wsmr-simtel20.army.mil   pd1:<msdos.windows3> dir
		oak.oakland.edu          pub/msdos/windows3/
		wuarchive.wustl.edu	mirrors/msdos/windows3/
	DVI previewer and printer for MS-Windows 3.x.

DVIWindo[C]	a MS Windows based previewer that works with any
	scalable outline font format fully supported by Windows,
	including Adobe Type 1 and TrueType.

	 Y&Y, 106 Indian Hill, Carlisle MA 01741  USA
	(800) 742-4059  ---   (508) 371-3286 (voice)  ---  (508) 371-2004(fax)
	[email-masked] from InterNet

%%E
eepic           IRIS.UCDAVIS.EDU

eepic           svax.cs.cornell.edu

eepic           uk.ac.tex               [tex-archive.latex.contrib.eepic]

ega2mf          ymir.claremont.edu      by Thomas Ridgeway
                                        [anonymous.tex.mf.ega2mf]
    Convert IBM PC EGA/VGA fonts into Metafont.

emacs TeX-mode  UNIX TeX tape           tex82/contrib/trickey/emacsmacro
                                        by Trickey.

emTeX [y]       ftp.uni-stuttgart.de
                129.69.8.13             /soft/tex/systems/msdos/emtex
  Other Beta-test packages are avail at emtex/betatest dir:
  	texb9.zip      emTeX386 3.1415 [3c-beta8]
	mfjob11l.zip      MFjob 1.1l
  	btexb9.zip        big emTeX 3.141 [3c-beta9]
  	dvidrv_14r.zip    dvidrv 1.4r, includes dvipm, the previewer for
               		     OS/2 Presentation Manager
 	dvidrv87_14r.zip  Ditto, supplement dvidrv_14r for PC with coprocessor.
     If you get dvidrv 1.4r, you should also get MFjob 1.1l. Don't forget
     to read README.TST.
  some of the betatest stuff are also available from ftp-os2.nmsu.edu

emTeX           labrea.stanford.edu     pub/emtex

emTeX           msdos.archive.umich.edu [p(USA)] version 13.08.90
                35.1.33.8               get emtex.README before beginning.

emTeX           ftp.cs.ruu.nl       TEX/emtex/INDEX
                131.211.80.17
    emTeX is a full TeX implementation, with previewer, LaTeX, METAFONT,
    lots of printer drivers (including HP DESKJET), etc. For MS-DOS and OS/2.
    By Eberhard Mattes ([email-masked])

emTeX386 	ftp.uni-stuttgart.de     Filename: tex386b8.zip
		[129.69.8.13]	 at dir: soft/tex/machines/pc/emtex/betatest
	for MSDOS and  OS/2 2.0 (6.167 or later) 

env.tex         (posted to comp.text.tex by [email-masked])
    Prints bar codes (for zip code) on envelopes.

epelle          inria.inria.fr          by Paul Zimmermann (zimmermann@inria)
                128.93.8.1              French spelling checker, incl. accents

epelle          crl.nmsu.edu            pub/misc/epelle.tar.Z
                128.123.1.14

eplain          ics.uci.edu             by Karl Berry
                128.195.1.1             TeX/eplain/

eplain          ftp.cs.umb.edu           by Karl Berry
                192.12.26.23             pub/tex/eplain

eplain          labrea.stanford.edu
                36.8.0.47

eplain          june.cs.washington.edu
                128.95.1.4

epsf.tex        (posted to comp.text.tex by [email-masked] (Ari Lehtonen))
                                        TeXtures-compatible Postscript inclusion

errata          labrea.stanford.edu     tex/errata
    errata were also published in the article
        D.E. Knuth, The Errors of TeX,
        Software -- Practice and Experience, Vol. 19(7), 607--685 (July 1989)
    For a copy of the Technical Report, send $10 (payable to Stanford
    University) to Publications, Computer Science Department, Stanford
    University, Stanford, CA 94305-2140.

ESPERANT	comp.text.tex		doc style for esperanto texts
		Dec 20, 1991		by [email-masked]

ESSENTIAL       [email-masked]    ``Essential LaTeX''
                (not an ftp site!)      send the message  LIST ESSENTIAL

Excalibur       sol.cs.bucknell.edu	pub/mac
		[134.82.1.8]		by [email-masked]
        A Macintosh LaTeX spelling checker that comes with an American
        English dictionary.  British, Dutch, French, and Italian
        dictionaries are also available in pub/mac/other-dictionaries.

%%F
fc-fonts for African languages with latin writing
	ftp.uni-stuttgart.de at soft/tex/fonts/metafont/fc

Feynman diagrams
    See the article, "A LaTeX Graphics Routine for drawing Feynman Diagrams"
    by Michael J.S. Levine, Computer Physics Communications, 58 (1990) 181-198.
    You can get it from the CPC library, [email-masked] for a minor charge.
    Also avail via mail-server at [email-masked] with a line
		send  feynmandoc.ps feynman.shar
    contact author: [email-masked]

Fig             svax.cs.cornell.edu     v2.1, pub/fig/fig.tar.Z

Fig             sun.soe.clarkson.edu    v2.1, pub/transfig/fig.tar.Z
    Fig is a graphics editor under SunView.  Its output can be translated
    via TransFig [qv] into Postscript, pic, LaTeX picture envirnoment,
    PiCTeX, EEPIC, TeXtyl etc.

fig2latex                               Obsolete.  See TransFig.

FILLFORM	Niord.shsu.edu		by [email-masked] (Z. Wagner)
		(192.92.115.8)
	filling in various questionnaires in LaTeX without the direct
	use of a typewriter. It accepts interactive input of entries with
	specified position and stores them in a file.

flow096		pip.SHSU.edu		/incoming/flow096/flow096*.Z
		ftp.tex.ac.uk		/incoming/flow096*.Z
		fenris.claremont.edu	/pub/submission/flow096*.Z
	LaTeX flowchart utility

fnote.tex       ymir.claremont.edu 
	     	single-spaced footnotes in double-spaced document
                [anonymous.tex.inputs.plain-contrib] fnote.tex

fontname.texi   ftp.cs.umb.edu          Karl Berry's font naming scheme
                192.12.26.23            pub/tex/fontname/fontname.texi

fontutils	prep.ai.mit.edu		pub/gnu/fontutils-*.tar.Z
		[18.71.0.38]
	other sites: 
	United States: wuarchive.wustl.edu   gatekeeper.dec.com:pub/GNU
                       uxc.cso.uiuc.edu      ftp.uu.net:packages/gnu
	Europe:     archive.eu.net    src.doc.ic.ac.uk:gnu    ftp.funet.fi
             	    nic.funet.fi:pub/gnu  ugle.unit.no  isy.liu.se  ftp.diku.dk
	elsewhere:  ftp.cs.titech.ac.jp   
		    utsun.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp:ftpsync/prep   archie.au:gnu

french dictionary for ispell
	ireq-robot.hydro.qc.ca, in directory /pub/ispell.
	It contains about 47k "roots", which expand to over
	220k words and variations.
fweb            lyman.pppl.gov          FORTRAN web, also handles Ratfor,C,C++

%%G
gentle-tex.tex  pacific.mps.ohio-state.edu
                                        ``A Gentle Introduction to TeX''
                                        tex/gentle-tex.tex

GENTLE          [email-masked]      ``A Gentle Introduction to TeX''
                		       send the message  LIST GENTLE
                                        for instructions.
geom		geom.umn.edu		Silvio Levy ([email-masked])
		at pub/geomsty.tar.Z

	 a set of latex programs with enhanced features (such as
	Inclusion of PostScript figures in the document, and of TeX
	text within figures; Automatic creation of index entries and
	cross-reference labels; No restriction on the use of macros
	and special characters in titles, cross-references, captions, etc;
	Greater versatility in defining theorem-like environments;
	Proofing aids such as version numbers and a running index;
	TeX labels in Mathematica figures)

German dictionary  aida.intellektik.informatik.th-darmstadt.de (130.83.26.1)
		pub/gnu/ispell-words.german.Z

GNU font utilities:  see fontutils

GNUplot         comp.sources.misc

GNUplot         prep.ai.mit.edu         pub/gnu/gnuplot-3.0.tar.Z

GNUplot         dartmouth.edu [p]       pub/gnuplot/*
		(129.170.16.4)		(was distributed from cs.duke.edu)

GNUplot         monu1.cc.monash.edu.au  pub/gnuplot.tar.Z
                130.194.1.101

GNUplot         uk.ac.tex               version 2.01 [tex-archive.gnuplot]

GNUplot patches
                uk.ac.tex               [tex-archive.gnuplot]patch1.uue
    GNUplot is a graphing program which can export its graphs
    into TeX or LaTeX documents.

GNUplot/LaTeX   cs.duke.edu             handy macros by David F. Kotz
                                        dist/sources/gnuplot/gnuplot-latex.shar

GO (La)TeX	ftp.cs.ruu.nl	(old oriental board game)
					go.tar.Z

GO (another)	rec.games.go		Hideki Isozaki
		May, 1991 		[email-masked]

go.zoo          ftp.cs.ruu.nl       by Hanna Ko{\l}odziejska
                131.211.80.17            fonts, style file for the game `go'.
                                        TEX/FONTS/go.zoo

Greek fonts     princeton.edu [p]       by Silvio Levy
                ymir.claremont.edu      [anonymous.tex.babel.greek.levy] (*)
                xydeco.siemens.com
                129.73.1.101
    Silvio Levy's `gr' Greek family for both modern and classical Greek
    includes roman, typewriter, and bold, plus a macro package.
    (*) Despite the directory name, [....levy] contains
        Brian Hamilton Kelly's Greek font.  Maybe.

groff           prep.ai.mit.edu         GNU troff, which can read tfm's
                                        and produce dvi files.
					It also contains 'pic' with TeX
gTeX		ftp.shsu.edu		/tex-archive/systems/msdos/gtex1.0
	for MS Windows/DOS users. MicroEmacs for Windows
	is the host interface whose menus allow easy access to TeX/Metafont/
	AMSPELL/BibTeX/etc.
	Also included are complete macro sets for Plain TeX, LaTeX,
	NFSS, e-TeX, AmSLaTeX, and AmSTeX.

%%H					support similar to 'tpic'
HARVARD		[email-masked]	files of Peter Williams' Harvard
					family of bibliographic styles
		send email to above server with "sendme HARVARD"
					via ftp: at dir: [[FILESERV.HARVARD]

HClassic & HCaption
	sol.cs.ruu.nl:/pub/TEX/FONTS/HEBREW/hclassic.tar.Z
	src.doc.ic.ac.uk:/packages/tex/uk-tex/languages/hebrew/hclassic/
	Joel M. Hoffman <[email-masked]> said:
	"The former is a modernized classical font, which is packed
	with TeX macros that fully support vowels (which, in Hebrew, are
	diacritic marks).  To the best of my knowledge, HClassic is the only
	MF font that support vowels in Hebrew.  HClassic is a caption-ish font
	for use with HCaption."
	Joel also mentioned that he has a file hebrew.el for editing Hebrew
	text bidirectionally with Emacs. A similiar program for DOS, too.
	
hebkb110	cs.ubc.ca		/ftp/pickup/terse/hebkb110.zip
	Bidirectional editing for Hebrew/TeX-XeT on the PC 
	by Joseph (Yossi) Gil ([email-masked])
	
Hebrew mf fonts  noa.huji.ac.il		Hebrew mf fonts
		 [132.64.254.10]	(contact: [email-masked])
					at dir:  tex/fonts

Hebrew TeX misc  noa.huji.ac.il		Tex files and guides about using
		 [132.64.254.10]	TeX (and LaTeX) in Hebrew
					at dir: tex/hebrew_stuff
hlatex		cair.kaist.ac.kr [143.248.11.170].  pub/hangul/hlatex direcotry
	a software package which enables the use of Hangul in [La]TeX
	(where 	Hangul stands for Korean).
	See also Other-than-English section (section [9]).

HP font bitmaps mims-iris.waterloo.edu
                129.97.129.116

hp2xx		ftp.uni-stuttgart.de  soft/tex/graphics/hp2xx/
		an HPGL -> PCL, PXC, EPS, and Metafont converter

HPTFM2PL	converts HP Tagged Font Metric files to TeX PL format
		ibis.cs.umass.edu  at /pub/norm/tex/hp2pl10a.zip
		source code: at /pub/norm/tex/hp2pl10a-source.zip
		(by [email-masked])

HyperBibTeX	mac.archive.umich.edu /mac/hypercard/organization/hyperbibtex*
		sumex-aim.stanford.edu /info-mac/card/hyper-bib-tex*
	a Macintosh HyperCard stack for  managing bibliography
	databases compatible with BibTeX.

hyphenation tables
             ?? athene.uni-paderborn.de /local/share/tex-3.0/macros
    ghypgen (German) and fhyphen (French) are available.

hyphenation (Danish, Dutch, English)
                ymir.claremont.edu      [anonymous.tex.babel]

hyphenation (French)
                uk.ac.tex               [tex-archive.langs.french]hyphen.tex

hyphenation (Italian)
                posted by [email-masked] (Luigi Semenzato)

hyphenation (Polish)
                mimuw.edu.pl              Polish hyphenation tables
                148.81.13.1               by Hanna Ko{\l}odziejska
                                          pub/tex/hyphen.pol
	Janusz S. Bie/n of Institute of Informatics, Warsaw University wrote:
	``hyphen.pol no longer is on 148.81.13.1; on the other hand, it was
	  placed there only for local users.

	  The primary source of HYPHEN POL and some other stuff (maintained by
	  myself) is available from [email-masked]; send to it e.g. GET
	  HYPHEN POL to order the file and GET INF FILELIST for more
	  information.''
        
hyphenation (Portuguese)
                [email-masked] send the message GET PORTUG HYPHEN
                [NOT an ftp site]

hyphenation (U.S. English)              by G. Kuiken. It finds all admissible
                ftp.cs.umb.edu          hyphens in TUGboat's ``Exception Log''.
                192.12.26.23            pub/tex/ushyphen.*.

%%I
IBM PC extended characters              for PC screen dumps
                blackbox.hacc.washington.edu
                128.95.200.1            pub/ega2mf

IBMres-tex	software.watson.ibm.com	pub/ibmres-tex
		a package of resume stuff

ICA (Integrated Chameleon  Architecture)
		archive.cis.ohio-state.edu (128.146.8.52)
		in pub/chameleon/ICA-1.3.tar.Z
	a toolset for  generating data translators.  In particular,
	the  toolset can  be  used  to generate translators to and  from  a
	constrained subset of instances  of SGML Document Type Definitions
	(DTD).
	   A mailing list, [email-masked] was created for discussing
        ICA. To subscribe, send request to [email-masked].

ILaTeX          ftp.cs.umb.edu
                192.12.26.23            pub/tex/ilatex.tar.Z

IMakeTeX        ab20.larc.nasa.gov      v2.02 Automated installation of UnixTeX
                                        pub/tex/{labrea*,imake*,README}
    Version 2.02 is designed to install TeX3.14 and MF2.7 (as provided
    in the labrea9103.tar.Z file), and uses only features available in
    Draft 10 of POSIX 1.002.
    other sites are: coos.dartmouth.edu, at pub/TeX/ImakeTeX/{labrea*,imake*}
		     ics.uci.edu	karl/{labrea*,imake*}

InstantTeX [C]	interface to TeX for the NeXT computers
	Demo version of InstantTeX is available from the NeXT public archive:
	nova.cc.purdue.edu as pub/next/submissions/InstantTeX.tar 
	or pub/next/3.0/com/InstantTeX.tar
	send email to [email-masked] for an order form
	Address:  	InstantTeX
			744 Mayfield Avenue
			Stanford, CA 94305

International Phonetic Alphabet         from Washington State University
                ymir.claremont.edu      [anonymous.tex.mf.ipa]

InterViews	interviews.stanford.edu	
     	an object-oriented toolkit that sits on the Xlib interface to the
     	X-Window system. Among other things, it provides a Mac-Draw style
	drawing program (idraw) and a WYSIWYG word processing program
	that produces and reads in a subset of LaTeX. Also the
	architecture of Interviews is so that text is formatted
	on-screen using D.E. Knuth's line-breaking algorithm from TeX. 

IPA fonts	cougar.csc.wsu.edu	text1.wsuipa directory

iptex           mimsy.umd.edu           by Chris Torek

ispell          archive.cis.ohio-state.edu  directory pub/gnu/ispell
    ispell is a general purpose spell checker that "knows" about LaTeX.
    Works in combination with Emacs.  A file ispell.el is also available.

ispell		ftp.cs.ucla.edu         an interactive spelling checker
		(131.179.128.34)	boasting a screen-oriented interface
   -- International Ispell version 3.0 beta-test, international lang support
					beta patches at pub/ispell

ispell		argus.math.orst.edu	~ftp/pub/ispell

ispell		ftp.th-darmstadt.de	pub/dicts/ispell

itrans          cs.duke.edu  [p]        by [email-masked]
                128.109.140.1           dist/sources/itrans*.tar.Z
	also avail at shsu.edu in dir [FILESERV.ITRANS]
    Print Devnagari (hindi, marathi, sanskrit) and Tamil with the
    University of Washington Tamil font. see also Devnagri.

ivd2dvi         june.cs.washington.edu  by Larry Denenberg

%%J
JEMTEX2.ZIP     wsmr-simtel20.army.mil  v2.00 by [email-masked] (Fran\c{c}ois Jalbert)
                                        Japanese TeX fonts and macros
                                        directory pd1:<msdos.tex>
JEMTX101.ZIP    sol.deakin.oz.au        by [email-masked] (Fran\c{c}ois Jalbert)
                                        Japanese TeX fonts and macros
JEMTX101.ZIP    utsun.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp   by [email-masked] (Fran\c{c}ois Jalbert)
                133.11.11.11            Japanese TeX fonts and macros
                                        TeX/jemtx101.zip
 	NOTE: JEMTEX is *NOT* a Japanese TeX. This is only a preprocessor
 	which make a ordinary TeX (e.g. emTeX) handle Japanese language.
 
JTeX            miki.cs.titech.ac.jp    NTT JTeX (Japanese TeX)
                utsun.is.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp
                ftp.tohoku.ac.jp [130.34.8.9]
		ftp.math.metro-u.ac.jp [p]

l2a             comp.sources.misc       LaTeX-to-ASCII by Gisle Hannemyr

la2mml          godot.uvic.ca           LaTeX to Framemaker
                128.189.66.5

%%L
LaCheck [y]     ftp.iesd.auc.dk [p]     by Kresten Krab Thorup
    LaTeX syntax checker		/pub/TeX/LaTeX/lacheck.tar.gz (GNUzip)
    In addition to matching braces, etc., it also checks for proper
    use of \ , \@, ~, and ellipses.
    for OS/2 & DOS version, see ftp-os2.cdrom.com's pub/os2/all/unix/tex/utils

LaGrafix        plain.nodak.edu         figure editor for Macintosh
                                        mac/pub/appl/graphics/lagrfix-21.hqx

lagrns          mimsy.cs.umd.edu        by [email-masked] (Christopher Lott)
                                        pub/lagrns.shar
    Converts gremlin picture files into LaTeX code that uses the epic and
    eepic style sheets.

LameTeX		wilma.cs.brown.edu	pub/lametex.tar.Z
		convert simple LaTeX to PostScript or to ASCII, letting you
		format text inside a triangular page, or a circle page. 
		Just like professional magazine editors, you can include 
		pictures of any shape and ask the text to flow around them 
		or inside them.
		by Jon Monsarrat ([email-masked])

LaTeX           labrea.stanford.edu     by Leslie Lamport
                                        tex/latex

LaTeX           phoibos.cs.kun.nl       for the Archimedes (from Acorn)
                                        pub/ToalTeX

LaTeX           atari.archive.umich.edu for Atari ST
                (mail server available; ask [email-masked])

LaTeX 2.09 Jan92 ftp.th-darmstadt.de 	dir pub/tex/latex/latex.15-Jan-92.tar.Z

LaTeX 2.09 Jan92 ftp.njit.edu		pub/latex/latex.15-Jan-92.tar.Z

LaTeX 2.09 Jan92 yallara.cs.rmit.oz.au	pub/tex/latex.15-Jan-92.tar.Z

LaTeX2e[test]	CTAN sites	/tex-archive/macros/latex/distribs/latex2e-test
	THIS is a test release (the full release will be avail Spring, 1994)
	please report bugs to [email-masked]

LaTeXtibetan	princeton.edu		/pub/latextibetan.tar.Z
	typesetting Tibetan with LaTeX

letterhead	ftp.che.utexas.edu	letter and memo styles
					/pub/tex/macros
					/pub/tex/fonts

LexiTex		ftp.shsu.edu		by [email-masked]
		a bibliography package for lawyers

Lollipop	cs.utk.edu		/pub/eijkhout/tex
	a macro package that gives the user powerful
	tools for programming macros for lists, headings, output routines
	and a number of other things. The Lollipop macros take the 
	specifications for a macro, and then construct that macro.
	by Victor Eijkhout (Lucida (PostScript fonts)
		ftp.cs.umb.edu  [192.12.26.23]:pub/tex/lucida/lucida.tar.Z

LoTeX		sonata.cs.purdue.edu 	pub/next/2.0-release/source/loTeX*.Z
	for NeXT (sort of whysiwyg)
%%M
m2latex         comp.sources.misc       LaTex pretty-print Modula-2 or Pascal

MacBibTeX       ymir.claremont.edu      version 2.0
                                        [anonymous.tex.macintosh.bibtex]
                                        macbibtex2_0-sit.hqx

MacDVIcopy	spi.ens.fr		ported Peter Breitenlohner's DVIcopy
		(129.199.104.3)		(see DVIcopy)
					incoming/MacDVIcopy-alpha.sea.hqx

macmakeindex    midway.uchicago.edu

mailmerge	comp.text.tex	poseted 28 May 92 20:48:18 GMT
		Picked it off volume21 of comp.sources.misc archives
		Submitted by Ajay Shah <[email-masked]>
	A Mail merger program, not aware of the typesetter (i.e.
	good for troff, TeX or whatever)

MakeIndex       science.utah.edu [p]    v2.4 by Pehong Chen
                ucbarpa.berkeley.edu
                NOTE:  The future of science.utah.edu is unclear.

MakeIndex       metsat.met.fsu.edu

makeindex       UNIX TeX tape           tex82/LateX/LateXmakeindex/src

Malvern		ftp.comlab.ox.ac.uk	pub/TeXhax/malvern-*.Z
	a METAFONT font program used to make fonts for TeX.  The
	Malvern family is a broad family of sanserif fonts which now includes
	Greek letters, diagritical marks and composites (as well as the latin
	alphabet and a buncha symbols).

Matrix2Tex	ftp.cs.widener.edu	pub/sven/progs/d2t.shar
		(147.31.254.132)
	a quick program that will convert Derivematrices to TeX code

METAFONT        labrea.stanford.edu     by Donald Knuth, directory "mf"

METAFONT        june.cs.washington.edu

METAFONT        dsrgsun.ces.cwru.edu    METAFONT for Atari ST by John Dunning

METAFONT        atari.archive.umich.edu METAFONT for Atari ST, v2.7

METAFONT                                METAFONT for Amiga by Stefan Becker
                ftp.informatik.rwth-aachen.de
                192.35.229.9            pub/amiga

MetaPost	(site ???)		by [email-masked] (John Hobby)
		free distribution to academic inst. but a
		non-disclosure agreement is required.
	MetaPost is a picture-drawing language based on METAFONT but
	with PostScript output and features for dealing with text as
	well as graphics.

mf for Mac	ftp.maths.tcd.ie	by [email-masked] (Timothy Murphy)
	The file mf-2.71a.hqx on ftp.maths.tcd.ie
	contains implementations of MF, iniMF and gftopk for the Mac.
	All were compiled using Karl Berry's web2c (modified for the Mac).

mf2ps           ftp.cs.ucla.edu       translates METAFONT into PostScript
                131.179.128.34          see TUGBOAT 11:4, pp 525-541.
                                        pub/mf2ps.tar.Z

mfpic		comp.text.tex	[email-masked] (Thomas Leathrum)
	posted 30 Jun 92 21:20:13 GMT
	avail at SHSU.edu at dir [FILESERV.MFPIC].
	a set of TeX and Metafont macros that essentially draw
	pictures in a TeX document using Metafont

mfware          sun.soe.clarkson.edu    METAFONT utilities
                128.153.12.3

Midnight	SHSU.edu		[.MIDNIGHT] dir
		label makers etc

Mittelbach macros
                ftp.cs.ruu.nl [p]   Macro packages by
                ymir.claremont.edu [p]  Frank Mittelbach

mltex.tar       enac5.enac.dgac.fr      by Jean-Marc Alliot
                143.196.3.5             allows hyphenation in accented words
                                        pub/tex/mltex.tar.Z

mltex.tar       aldebaran.ee.mcgill.ca
mltex.zip       132.206.94.5            pub/mltex

modes.mf[y]     ftp.cs.umb.edu          by Karl Berry [email-masked]
                192.12.26.23            pub/tex/modes.mf
    mode_def's for as many printers as possible.  Send contributions
    directly to Karl.
    can also be avail from [email-masked] with a body of `sendme modes'

mpage           comp.sources.misc

mpage           wsmr-simtel20.army.mil  print PostScript 4-up
                                        directory unix-c/postscript

mpage           hydra.helsinki.fi       patched to handle A4 paper
                128.214.4.29

MS-DOS dvi drivers
                eedsp.gatech.edu        by Nelson H. F. Beebe
                128.61.2.1

multi          irisa.irisa.fr          by Ross Cartlidge <[email-masked]>
                                        print 2/4/8/16-up
                                        directory ./Postscript

multi           archive.su.oz.au
                129.78.64.2             archive/ps_printing/multi/*

multido.tex	Princeton.EDU		/pub   by [email-masked]
		A loop macro for Generic TeX

Music/MIDI
MIDI2TeX	(site ???)		[email-masked]
	translates type 1 standard MIDI files into MusicTeX code
	ask the author for the package.

MusicTeX        rsovax.circe.fr [pl]    version of Nov91 by Daniel Taupin
                130.84.128.100          login as `musictex' and give
                                        your name as password

MusicTeX        ftp.cs.ruu.nl       pub/TEX/musictex.tar.Z
                131.211.80.17

MusicTeX 	ftp.gmd.de		music/musictex/musictex.zip

MusicTeX        ftp.cs.umb.edu
                192.12.26.23           pub/tex/musictex.tar.Z
 
MusicTeX	Niord.SHSU.EDU		[.MUSICTEX]
		192.92.115.8		MUSICTEX.TAR_Z
    MusicTeX allows for multiple-stave music typesetting, as well
    as other enhancements and new features not in MuTeX.

MuTeX [y]       cs.ubc.ca [x]           src/MuTeX/MuTeX.tar.Z (slow)
                137.82.8.5

MuTeX           ftp.cs.ruu.nl       pub/TEX/MuTeX.tar.Z
                131.211.80.17

MuTeX           stolaf.edu              music TeX, aka mtex
                130.71.128.1            pub/MuTeX.tar.Z
                                        pub/MuTeX_doc.tar.Z
                                        Includes English translation

MuTeX           suned.zoo.cs.yale.edu   music TeX, aka mtex
                128.36.21.1

MuTeX           stolaf.edu              music TeX, pub/TeX

MuTeX           wsmr-simtel20.army.mil  PD1:<MSDOS.TEX>MUTEX.ARC
    MuTeX (aka MTeX) is a system developed for typesetting music.  It only does
    single-staff music and does not support grace notes and the like.  It was
    originally developed in Germany and the internal documentation is all in
    German.  The guide (Version 1.1) is about 40 pages long.  If you make it
    available for FTP, please contact Fran\c{c}ois Jalbert ([email-masked]).

%%N
NFSS		ftp.uni-stuttgart.de  
		[129.69.8.13] 	          soft/tex/macros/latex/styles/nfss/*
		New Font Selection Scheme for LaTeX, which will become part of
	        LaTeX version 3.

Nihongo TeX     miki.cs.titech.ac.jp    ASCII Nihongo TeX (Japanese TeX)
                utsun.is.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp      Contact:  [email-masked]
                ascwide.ascii.co.jp [p]                 [email-masked]
                [133.152.32.11]

--
---
Guoying Chen, NYU Ultracomputer Lab.       Email:  [email-masked] 
715 Broadway,10th Floor,NY,NY 10003        Phone:  212-998-3365    
---                                       
$C_oU(r)a_n(t)$ -- our institute T-shirts.