Subject: TeX-FAQ-supplement (part 3 of 3)
From: [email-masked] (Guoying Chen)
Date: 09 Apr 1994 00:53:17 GMT
Newsgroups: comp.text.tex,news.answers,comp.answers

Archive-name:  tex-faq-supplement/part3
(c)Copyright by Guoying Chen. All rights reserved. 1992-1994

%%O
Old English     ymir.claremont.edu      by Julian Bradfield
                                        [anonymous.tex.mf.cm.oe]

Optical Character Recognition
                ymir.claremont.edu      [anonymous.tex.mf]

Oriya (an Indian script)                under development

OzTeX           midway.uchicago.edu     by Andrew Trevorrow
                128.135.12.73           pub/OzTeX

OzTeX           watmsg.waterloo.edu     by Andrew Trevorrow
                129.97.129.9

OzTeX           giza.cis.ohio-state.edu directory pub/oztex
                128.146.8.61

OzTeX           jade.unine.ch           directory pub/mac/oztex
                130.125.10.1
    OzTeX was a free version TeX for the Macintosh. But
    all versions >= 1.5 are now shareware, told by the author.
    OzTeX uses standard pk fonts and tfm filesand creates standard dvi files.
    Includes a DVI previewer, and PostScript driver.
    For rudimentary support and additional information, send mail to
    [email-masked].

%%P
p2c             csvax.caltech.edu       Pascal to C translator
                                        (What's this doing here? for tex?)

PasTeX          ftp.uni-passau.de       version 1.2a by Georg Hessmann
                132.231.1.10            pub/amiga/tex

PasTeX          ab20.larc.nasa.gov      version 1.2a by Georg Hessmann
                128.155.23.64           incoming/amiga/TEX
    PasTeX is a implementation of TeX 3.1 for the Amiga.  Also includes
    a DVI previewer and some printer drivers.

PC_DVIWARE	Ninord.shsu.edu		at [.DVI_DVIWARE]
		includes various DVI tools which have been ported to
		MS-DOS and are not part of a distribution, such as emTeX

pcwritex.arc    wsmr-simtel20.army.mil  by Peter Flynn
                                        pd1:<msdos.tex>
    A print driver for PC-Write that "prints" a PC-Write v2.71 document
    to a TeX-compatible disk file.

pcwtex.zoo      wsmr-simtel20.army.mil
  pcwtex is a program to semiautomate translation of PC Write files to TeX.
  The author concedes that it is bit crude but it does most of the hard work,
  and that some fiddling by hand afterwards is usually required.

Parsi-TeX:  see ArabTeX

PGFRAME		niord.shsu.edu		pageframe doc style
		129.92.115.8		by [email-masked]
					in dir [.PGFRAME]

phone.tex       posted by [email-masked] (Eamonn McManus)
                                        typesets a mini telephone directory

physe           ymir.claremont.edu      PHYSE macro package
                                        [anonymous.tex.inputs.physe]

phyzzx          ymir.claremont.edu      PHYZZX macro package
                                        [anonymous.tex.inputs.phyzzx]

PicTeX          ymir.claremont.edu [l]

PicTeX          a.cs.uiuc.edu

PicTeX          june.cs.washington.edu

PicTeX          svax.cs.cornell.edu
    The PicTeX manual is not available in electronic form (at least, not
    legally).  Manual can be obtained from TUG.  Contact [email-masked]
    for more information.
    If you have a copy of the file pictex.dvi at your site, delete it now.
    Printing of that file is a violation of international copyright law.
    Funds from the sale of the PiCTeX manual are the only renumeration Michael
    Wichura (author of the package) gets for his work, and by illegally copying
    the manual, you not only deprive him of income he deserves, but also
    decrease the possibility of his releasing future macro packages under terms
    similar to those of PiCTeX.
    Note also that numerous bugs have been found in the LaTeX parts.
    As of 4 Oct 90, the most recent version is available only from ymir.
    The bug fixes will be included on future disks shipped by TUG.

pictures in LaTeX, how to include           by Paul Fishwick
                bikini.cis.ufl.edu          cis/tech-reports/tr91/tr91-003.ps.Z

PKTOSFPB	see SPFONTWARE

Plain NFSS	ftp.uni-stuttgart.de  /soft/tex/plain-macros/plain-nfss/*
	Wayne Sullivan's interface between the New Font Selection Scheme (NFSS)
        and plain TeX.

pmC             blackbox.hacc.washington.edu    poor man's Chinese and
pmJ             128.95.200.1                    Japanese TeX.  BETA VERSIONS.
                                                pub/poorman
    Unless you are a reasonably experienced TeX user, a systems
    analyst/maintainer, or other reasonably serious jock, don't
    try now: we'll have it easier to do in a few months.
    Those taking copies of pmC or pmJ should send me e-mail
    notifying me that you are testing so that I may maintain a list
    for future notifications.
        -- [email-masked] (Thomas Ridgeway)

pmC extensions  crl.nmsu.edu                    by Mark Leisher and
                128.123.1.14                    Thomas Ridgeway
                                                pub/misc/pmtex-1.2.tar.Z

pmC extensions  ftp.math.psu.edu                by Stephen G Simpson
                128.118.24.22                   11 November 1991
                                                pub/simpson/chinese/pmc

Pointing hands  ymir.claremont.edu      by Georgia Tobin
                                        [anonymous.tex.mf]
poster		poster.tex/poster.sty	[email-masked]
		a macro for making posters and banners with TeX
		ftp avail at @Princeton.EDU ?

posters		comp.text.tex		[email-masked]
		four postings (March 31, 1992)
		(ftp site??)

postscript      mimsy.umd.edu           by Louis Mamakos and Chris Torek
                                        another dvi-to-postscript converter

Preview         argon.rti.org           VAXStation previewer
                                        by Randy Buckland

ps2eps		duteela.et.tudelft.nl   PS -> EPS
		[ 130.161.144.18 ]	pub/ps2eps.tar.Z

ps2pk		ftp.urc.tue.nl		/pub/tex
		(address: 131.155.2.79)
	Ps2pk is a tool that converts a PostScript type1 font into a
	corres-ponding TeX PK font

psbox		cs.nyu.edu [p]  [128.122.140.24] at pub/tex/psbox/psboxall.tex
		a UNIVERSAL MACRO to include EPSFiles into TeX/LaTeX
		authored by Jean Orloff ([email-masked])
       note: psboxall.tex itself is a MACHINE-INDEPENDENT archive utility 
             written in TeX.

psfig           linc.cis.upenn.edu      by Trevor Darnell

psfig           labrea.stanford.edu     psfig.tar.Z

psfig-tex       comp.sources.unix       Including PostScript/Mac figures
                Volume 8
    See also "Including Macintosh graphics in LATEX documents",
    TUGboat, vol. 11, no. 2, p. 194.

psfrag          isl.stanford.edu        by [email-masked] (C. Barratt)
                36.60.0.10              /pub/boyd/psfrag/psfrag.tar.Z
        LaTeX macros for overlaying postscript figures with LaTeX.
        Each piece of text in a postscript figure (eg, from xfig, idraw,
        freehand, matlab, xmath, or mathematica) can be selectively replaced
        with high-quality LaTeX formatted equations, text, or pictures, when
        it is included in a LaTeX document.  

pslatex		mushroom.cs.man.ac.uk 	/pub/tex/pslatex
		(130.88.13.70)
	set math in PS in PSNFSS by Mario Wolczko ([email-masked])

psnup           wsmr-simtel20.army.mil  prints nonconforming PostScript n-up
                                        unix-c/postscript

psnup           comp.sources.misc
                Volume 16

psroff          gatekeeper.dec.com      by Chris Lewis
       eX fonts with troff
                                        pub/misc/psroff-2.0.tar.Z

psroff          ftp.cs.toronto.edu
                128.100.1.105            pub/psroff-3.0/psroff.tar.Z

PSTricks	princeton.edu		 /pub/pstricks.tar.Z
					by Timothy Van Zandt([email-masked])
  a collection of PostScript macros and compatible
  with most TeX macro packages, including Plain TeX , LaTeX and AmS-LaTeX.
  Included are macros for color, graphics, rotation and overlays.
  -- also avail at Niord.SHSU.EDU at dir [.PSTRICKS].

Public TeX, Public MF
		ftp.uni-stuttgart.de [129.69.8.13]
	at /soft/tex/machines/pc/public-tex/*.zip      or via
     [email-masked] or [email-masked]
	 send mail: GET PUBTEX PACKAGE PC-MSDOS or GET PUBMF PACKAGE PC-MSDOS

%%R
r2b		comp.text.tex		Dana Jacobsen ([email-masked])
		posted on 28 May 92 16:59:04 GMT
	    refer --> bibtex package in perl

r2bib           UNIX TeX tape           tex82/contrib/rusty/r2bib
                                        refer to BibTeX conversion

Rail            ftp.cs.kun.nl       Version 1.0.0 by Luc Rooijakkers
                131.174.32.1            /pub/Rail/rail.1.0.tar.Z
    Composes ``railroad diagrams'' (computer language syntax diagrams).

REDIS           ymir.claremont.edu [p]  Jacques Goldberg's Hebrew fonts
                                        [anonymous.tex.mf]

REDIS           listserv@taunivm [p]    Jacques Goldberg's Hebrew fonts
                (not an FTP site)

REDIS           yallara.cs.rmit.oz.au   Jacques Goldberg's Hebrew fonts
    A sans-serif Hebrew font in three faces, including italics.

refer-to-bibtex ftp.ai.mit.edu          A collection of programs
                                        pub/refer-to-bibtex
ref2bib		ftp.ai.mit.edu 		/pub/refer-to-bibtex/ref2bib.shar

Ricoh fonts     ftp.eb.ele.tue.nl
                131.155.2.25            /pub/tex/fonts/300WWdpi
    mode_def posted by [email-masked] (Maria Tasayco)

rtf2TeX         astro.princeton.edu     version 1.01 by Robert Lupton
                128.112.24.1            pub/rtf2TeX.tar.Z
    Works, more-or-less, but it ignores a good fraction of RTF commands.
    Most of the hard stuff is done.

rtf2tex		tex.ac.uk		RTF --> [La]TeX conversion package
					DISK$ARCHIVE:[UTILS.RTF2TEX]

rtf2latex	ftp.vmars.tuwien.ac.at	/pub/misc/rtf2LaTeX.tar.z
		
rtf-tools       indri.primate.wisc.edu  v1.04 by Paul DuBois
                128.104.230.11          pub/RTF/RTF-1.04.shar
    Generic RTF-to-whatever conversion.  See rtf2TeX for [La]TeX conversion.

ruled.tex       lifshitz.ph.utexas.edu  Macros for making tables
                128.83.131.57           by Eric Myers ([email-masked])
                                        pub/texsis/tables

RUNOFF-to-TeX   [email-masked]        by Peter Vanroose
                (address of author)     in VMS Pascal

%%S
s2latex         UNIX TeX tape           tex82/contrib/van/s2latex
                                        scribe to LaTeX conversion

sauter		ftp.cs.umb.edu		packaging for Unix of John Sauter's
		192.12.26.23		Metafont files to make Computer Modern
					fonts at any point size
					pub/tex/sauter.tar.Z
					ask [email-masked] for info

SBTeX           eedsp.gatech.edu        in subdirectory TeX, get the file
                128.61.2.1              readme.tex before beginning

SBTeX           venus.ycc.yale.edu      MS-DOS TeX by Wayne Sullivan

SBTeX           wsmr-simtel20.army.mil  MS-DOS TeX by Wayne Sullivan
                                        PD1:<MSDOS.TEX>SB30TEX.ZIP

Schoepf macros  ftp.cs.ruu.nl [p]   Macro packages by
                ymir.claremont.edu [p]  Reiner Schoepf

Scientific Word -- [C]
		a TeX/LaTeX based wordprocesser with a WYSIWYG editor.
		in USA:  TCI Software Research, Inc.
			1190 Foster Rd
			Las Cruces, New Mexico  88001-3739  USA
			Phone: (800) 874-2383   (505) 522-4600
			Fax:   (505) 522-0116
			email: [email-masked]
		in Germany: contact
			RFI Elektronik 		| Phone: +49
			2161 655-0
			Dohrweg 63            	| FAX:   +49 2161 655-111
			4050 Moenchengladbach
			GERMANY

scmac202.tex    network.ucsd.edu        by Na Choon Piaw
                                        for television scripts
                                        anime/nsipo-archives

scribe2latex    wsmr-simtel20.army.mil  by Van Jacobson
                26.2.0.74               pd2:<unix-c.textproc>

script letters                          by Ralph Smith ([email-masked])
    as used in math and physics         looking for an ftp site to house it

ScriptTeX       ymir.claremont.edu      v1.00 by Adrian McCarthy
                                        for scripts and screenplays

SeeTeX          foobar.cs.colorado.edu  by Dirk Grunwald

Seminar		Niord.shsu.edu		Timothy Van Zandt's <[email-masked]>
					in dir [.SEMINAR]
	SEMINAR is a package for making slides in LaTeX

SFPTOPKB	see SPFONTWARE

SPFONTWARE	Niord.SHSU.edu		by [email-masked]
		(192.92.115.8)		at [.SPFONTWARE]
	convert Hewlett-Packard softfonts to and from TeX PK/TFM format.
	two packages avail: SFPTOPKB and PKTOSFPB
	It's Beta test version is also avail at [.SPFONTWARE.BETA]

SLaTeX          titan.rice.edu          Scheme typesetting, by Dorai Sitaram
                                        public/slatex.sh

SliTeX          ymir.claremont.edu      directory [anonymous.tex.inputs.slitex]

spideryweb      princeton.edu           Spidery WEB, by Norman Ramsey
                                        Design-your-own-WEB for any language.

StTeX           dsrgsun.ces.cwru.edu    TeX for Atari ST by Jwahar Bammi

%%T
Tamil fonts     UNIX TeX tape          TeX3.14/MFcontrib/metafonts/washington/tamil

T2T                                     Text2TeX, still under development
                                        by [email-masked] (Samuel P. Howard)

tbefiles        ymir, shsu, aston       macros from Arvind Borde's book
                stuttgart               TeX By Example

TeluguTeX	blackbox.hacc.washington.edu	 pub/tex/telugu
		[128.95.200.1]
	enables you to typeset Telugu text using TeX/LaTex family of software

Tengwar         ymir.claremont.edu      by Mike Urban
                                        [anonymous.tex.mf.tengwar]

Tengwar         [email-masked]  by Julian Bradfield (email)

tex--xet	ftp.uni-stuttgart.de
		(129.69.8.13)           at /soft/tex/tex-sources/tex--xet
         and    Niord.SHSU.edu
		(192.92.115.8)		at [FILESERV.TEX--XET]
	contains the code necessary for mixed left-to-right and
        right-to-left typesetting.

TeX             labrea.stanford.edu     directory "tex"

TeX             science.utah.edu
                128.110.192.2

TeX             phoibos.cs.kun.nl       for the Archimedes (from Acorn)
                                        pub/ToalTeX

TeX             atari.archive.umich.edu for Atari ST, TeX 3.1

TeX             ifi.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de
                129.69.211.1            for Atari ST, TeX 3.1
                                        pub/atari.st/tex

TeX             forwiss.uni-passau.de   for Atari ST, TeX 3.1
                132.231.1.10            pub/atari/tex

TeX             tek4310.kent.edu        for ESIX by Yasir Doleh

TeX             me10.lbl.gov            for HP-UX, TeX 3.0
                128.3.128.110           pub/tex3.0

TeX             UNIX TeX tape           for UNIX

TeX             freja.diku.dk           for UNIX

TeX             june.cs.washington.edu  for UNIX

TeX             math.berkeley.edu       for 386 machines running UNIX
                                        Version 1.1

TeX             ymir.claremont.edu [p]  for VMS

TEXT1		cougar.csc.wsu.edu	TeX related macros package
					in [anonymous.text1]
					(also avail at ymir.claremont.edu)

tex.dif         ymir.claremont.edu      description of TeX 3.0 cf 2.99...
                                        [anonymous.tex.sources.tex3_0]

texchk          comp.sources.unix       LaTeX syntax checker
                Volume 3

texchk          ifi.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de
                129.69.211.1            pub/TeX/texchk.tar.Z

contact [email-masked] (Joel M. Hoffman)

TeXdraw		aldebaran.EE.McGill.CA  in dir: pub/texdraw
	a set of macro definitions for the TeX typesetting programs,
        allowing the user to produce PostScript drawings from within TeX.

texdraw.lzh     forwiss.uni-passau.de   Picture drawing for Atari-ST
                                        /pub/atari/tex
    Program and dox are in German.  Jeff Long ([email-masked]) says,
    ``This thing is so impressive, I may learn to read German just to use it!''

texdvi2lj       comp.sources.unix       TeX DVI driver for LaserJet+
                Volume 6

texdvi2tty      comp.sources.unix       TeX DVI driver for TTY's, etc.
                Volume 7

TeXhax archive  june.cs.washington.edu

TeXhax archive  labrea.stanford.edu     directory "texhax"

TeXhax archive  ymir.claremont.edu

TeXhax archive  tex.ac.uk              DISK$TEX:[TEX-ARCHIVE.DIGESTS.TEXHAX.90]

texi2roff       comp.sources.unix       GNU Texinfo to troff translator
                Volume 16

texi2roff       ftp.cs.toronto.edu      GNU Texinfo to troff translator
                                        by Beverly Erlebacher

texindex        comp.sources.unix       Make an index from a LaTeX .idx file
                Volume 4

texindex2       comp.sources.unix       AAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHH!!!! Bugs in texindex!!!
                Volume 4

texindex        comp.sources.misc       Makes an index from a LaTeX .idx file.
                Volume 23               by Thomas Koenig, a shell script
                                        uses expand, sed, (old)awk, sort

texindex        ftp.th-darmstadt.de	DOS version
		pub/tex/machines/ms_dos/texindex.zip

texinfo.tex     prep.ai.mit.edu         Version 2.12.1
                128.52.14.14            pub/gnu/lpf/texinfo.tex

texinfo2troff   prep.ai.mit.edu         Rumored to exist
                128.52.14.14

TeXit		ftp.shsu.edu		support/texit	
	 "do-it-all" Perl script for processing TeX (especially LaTeX)
	documents. 

TeXit		sonata.cc.purdue.edu	pub/next/2.0-release/TeXit*.Z
	for NeXT : with a text editor, can run TeX on an entire doc or
	on a selection.

TeXice		sonata.cs.purdue.edu	/pub/next/2.0-release/TeXice*.Z
	for NeXT only:  converts TeX to EPS figures.

TeXMaG archive  ymir.claremont.edu      [ANONYMOUS.TEX.PERIODICALS.TEXMAG]

TeXMaG archive  tex.ac.uk               DISK$TEX:[TEX-ARCHIVE.DIGESTS.TEX-MAG]

TeX/Mathematica chem.bu.edu             Mathematica plots in (La)TeX, and more
                128.197.30.18           pub/tex-mathematica

TeXmenu	        ftp.informatik.uni-muenchen.de:/pub/next/Text/tex  
        	ftp.cs.tu-berlin.de:/pub/NeXT/tex
	        sonata.cc.purdue.edu:/pub/next/submissions
	a unified NeXTSteP front end for TeX.
	by [email-masked]

texsgi          ftp.brl.mil             TeX with previewer for PI's (SGI) (src)
                128.63.16.159           info-iris/tex

TeXShell	ftp.uni-stuttgart.de 	at:/soft/tex/machines/pc/emtex-texshell
	   	or sun.rz.tu-clausthal.de at:/pub/tex/emtex/texshell
	TeXShell is an user interface for all emTeX programs.
	runs only under MS-DOS, but it comes with an OS/2 utility
	(OS2EXECD.EXE) allowing it to start native OS/2 programs.

TeXShell	noa.huji.ac.il		at tex/texshell
		132.64.254.10
	
TeXsis          lifshitz.ph.utexas.edu  v2.14, macros for physics papers
                128.83.131.57           by Eric Myers ([email-masked])
                                        pub/texsis
                TeXsis admin:  [email-masked]

TeXsun          part of SeeTeX          previewer for Sunview by Dirk Grunwald

TeXsun          a.cs.uiuc.edu           previewer for Sunview by Dirk Grunwald

textools        comp.sources.unix       A collection of tools for TeX users
                Volume 7                (including detex)

textool2        comp.sources.unix       A collection of tools for TeX users
                Volume 8                (including detex)

textr           research.att.com        version 0.5 by Kamal Al-Yahya
                                        Troff-to-TeX converter, 16-Oct-86.

textyl          venus.ycc.yale.edu      by John Renner

TeXtyl in C     ftp.cs.cornell.edu      beta version
    TeXtyl is a DVI postprocessor that converts TeXtyl \specials in
    the document into characters from vector fonts, allowing one to print
    vector graphics on devices without graphical capabilities.

TEXUT-TP 	ftp.uni-stuttgart.de [129.69.8.13]
	 in /soft/tex/machines/pc/utilities: see directory for details
	and [email-masked] or [email-masked]
	    send mail: GET PC-MSDOS FILELIST for details
      a collection of TeXware and MFware utilities, such as
      DVITYPE, GFTOPK, GFTODVI, PATGEN and many more implemented for
      DOS and Turbo Pascal by Peter Breitenlohner, Munich.

TEXWIPE		comp.text.tex		[email-masked] (G.D.Pratt)
		posted on 19 May 92 08:58:00 GMT
	TEXWIPE: clean up after TeX, LaTeX and BibTeX

tgrind          UNIX TeX tape           tex82/contrib/van/tgrind
                                        Pretty-printing C

tgrind          ftp.ee.lbl.gov          by Van Jacobson
                128.3.112.20

tgrind          venus.ycc.yale.edu      by Jerry Leichtner
                                        includes VMS binary
    allows type-setting source files that have not been specifically
    prepared to use TeX. Works with command-line options on
    source for FORTRAN, Basic, C, Pascal, TeX, can be modified for
    others.

tgrind for MS-DOS  ftp.th-darmstadt.de [130.83.55.75]
		pub/tex/machines/ms_dos/tgrind.{README,UNPACK,zip}

Thai font       ymir.claremont.edu      two versions
                                        [anonymous.tex.babel.thai.rmit]
                                        [anonymous.tex.babel.thai.usl]

theapa		ftp.cc.utexas.edu	pub/young
		APA macros (theapa.sty, theapa.bst, theapa.tex)

tib             minos.inria.fr          James Alexander's "tib" bibliography
                128.93.39.5             pub/tib

tr2latex	Niord.SHSU.edu		[.TR2LATEX.FTP]
		192.92.115.8		TR2LATEX-*.TAR_Z, *.BCK, *.ZIP
	New version of tr2latex by Christian Engel (version 2.2)
	posted to comp.text.tex 4/27/92

tr2latex        comp.sources.unix       Translate troff to LaTeX
                Volume 10

tr2latex        tupac-amaru.informatik.rwth-aachen.de
                137.226.112.31          version 1.4
                                        /pub/textproc/TeX

tr2tex          DECUS TeX tape (q.v.)

TransFig	export.lcs.cornell.edu  /contrib/R5fixes/transfig-patches/ dir
		[p]			
   TransFig is the back end used to print figures generated by the XFig
   graphics editor.

TransFig        tex.ac.uk               [tex-archive.utils.transfig]

tree1           uhccux.uhcc.hawaii.edu  linguist/tree1.1.tar.Z
    For drawing hierarchical tree diagrams.  Very flexible.
    Can take advantage of Postscript capability.

tree macros     (posted to comp.text.tex)
                                        by [email-masked]

TreeTeX         			 by Univ. Waterloo
	walhalla.germany.eu.net:/pub/textproc/TeX/TreeTeX/TreeTeX.tar.Z
        ftp.uni-stuttgart.de:
		/serv2/soft/tex/latex-style-unsupported/TREETEX:treetex.tex
    For drawing hierarchical trees.

troff-to-latex.tar-Z                    by Kamal Al-Yahya at Stanford
                wsmr-simtel20.army.mil  pd2:<unix-c.textproc>.
                26.2.0.74
    troff-to-latex recognizes most -ms and -man macros, plus most eqn and
    some tbl commands.

TUGboat files   labrea.stanford.edu     directory "tugboat"

TurboTeX[C]	TeX for Windows, DOS, UNIX, OS/2)
		Publisher Address: The Kinch Computer Company
				   501 South Meadow Street
				   Ithaca, NY 14850 USA
		(voice)607-273-0222   (fax)607-273-0484
		[email-masked]

Turkish font    june.cs.washington.edu  tex/turkish.tar.Z

%%U
UKTeX archive   tex.ac.uk               DISK$TEX:[TEX-ARCHIVE.DIGESTS.UKTEX.90]

up              osu-cis (?)             by J. Greely
                                        print Postscript n-up

Utah dvi driver family
                ctrsci.utah.edu         v10.1 by Nelson H. F. Beebe
                                        in directory PS1:[TEX.DVI]

Utah dvi driver family
                science.utah.edu        v10.1 by Nelson H. F. Beebe
                (128.110.192.2)         MS-DOS versions
                                        in aps:<tex.dvi>dviexe.arc
%%V
Vietnamese font blackbox.hacc.washington.edu
                128.95.200.1            /pub/testviet

VPLUtils	ftp.dcs.ed.ac.uk	pub/ajcd/uplutils.tar.Z
	(was Makevpl)

%%W

wd2latex.zip    wsmr-simtel20.army.mil  by Connor J Thomas
                                        PD:<MSDOS.TEX>

wd2latex.zip    ymir.claremont.edu      by Connor J Thomas
    A bare-bones MS-Word-to-LaTeX converter.  Written in Turbo Pascal 5.0,
    but comes with an MS-DOS binary.

web2c           june.cs.washington.edu  v2.20

web2c           uunet.uu.net

web2c           ics.uci.edu             by Karl Berry ([email-masked])
                [128.195.1.1]           pub/TeX/{web,web2c}.tar.Z

web2c           ftp.cs.umb.edu          by Karl Berry
                [192.12.26.23]          pub/tex/{web,web2c}.tar.Z

WEB-TP		ftp.uni-stuttgart.de [129.69.8.13]
	 in /soft/tex/machines/pc/web: tangle.zip, weave.zip, web-tp.doc
	and
    	[email-masked] or [email-masked]
 	send mail: GET TANGLE PACKAGE PC-MSDOS and GET WEAVE PACKAGE PC-MSDOS
   A WEB system for DOS and Turbo Pascal by Peter Breitenlohner, Munich.

wp2latex       ai.uga.edu	/ai.tex     (for DOS)
	       Word Perfect 5.1 to LaTeX converter. by E. C. Houtepen, 
	       further modified by Glenn Geers and then by Michael A. Covington

wp2latex        ftp.cs.ruu.nl       Handles WordPerfect 5.0
                131.211.80.17            pub/TEX/wp2latex.arc

wp2latex        ymir.claremont.edu      in directory [anonymous.tex.ibm_pc.
                                        front_ends.wp2latex]
    WordPerfect users should also consult TUGboat issues 10#1 and 10#4.

wp2latex.zip    wsmr-simtel20.army.mil  pd1:<msdos.tex>
    A PC program (Turbo Pascal) by R. C. Houtepen at the Eindhoven University
    in the Netherlands.  Pascal source is included.  Users find it
    "helpful" and "decent" in spite of some limitations.  It gets high
    marks for handling font changes.  Limitations include no indices,
    table of contents, margins or graphics.  It also won't handle the new
    features of WordPerfect 5.1, in particular the equation formatter.

wp2latex        ymir.claremont.edu      C version by Glenn Geers
                134.173.4.23         [anonymous.tex.ibm_pc.front_ends.wp2latex]

wp2x            comp.sources.misc       by Raymond Chen
                Volume 22               convert WP4.2 to TeX/LaTeX/troff/etc.

    wp2x uses a configuration file to control how WP codes are translated.

%%X
xdvi            export.lcs.mit.edu      contrib/xdvi.tar.Z
                18.30.0.212             Patchlevel 17

xdvi for DOS    ftp.math.niu.edu	compiled by Eric Ho using djgpp
					pub/msdos/djgpp.stuff/pkgs/xdvipc.zip

xdvik 		ftp.cs.umb.edu	       [email-masked]'s version of xdvi
		(192.12.26.23)		at pub/tex/xdvik.tar.Z

xetal		spi.ens.fr		a detexifier
		(129.199.104.3)		at pub/unix/tex

xfig            cayuga.cs.rochester.edu

xfig            export.lcs.mit.edu

xgnuplot        export.lcs.mit.edu      contrib/gnuplot-2.0-X11.tar.Z
                                        X-windows front-end for GNUplot

Xgraph          comp.sources.unix
                Volume 3

xlatdvi		comp.text.tex		by Alex Lopez-Ortiz
		Post Dec 19. 1991	[email-masked]
					(compile and view automatically
					a (La)TeX file

xppt		diku.dk (Demark)	a doc style for AmS-TeX
		[129.142.96.1]		by Kristoffer H. Rose <[email-masked]>
 					(AMS-TeX amsppt style enhancements,
 					 currently in beta-test)

xtex            foobar.cs.colorado.edu  xtex previewer by Dirk Grunwald
                128.138.204.31          pub/SeeTeX
                                        Version 2.17.0

XY-pic		diku.dk	(Denmark)	(macros for typesetting diagrams)
		129.142.96.1		pub/TeX/misc/xypic*.tar.Z
					(by [email-masked])
xyps		ftp.diku.dk		by [email-masked]
		129.142.96.1	
	PostScript extensions to XY-pic

%%Y
YARB            contact the author directly
    YARB is an Arabic font by Yannis Haralambous ([email-masked])
    Universite de Lille 1 / 59655 Villenueve d'Ascq / France.  Cost
    is one postcard, plus cost of transport.  When writing, please enclose
    postal coupons for the reply.

%%Z
zip.tex         posted to comp.text.tex by [email-masked] (J. Daniel Smith)
        Prints bar codes for USPS ZIP codes.

[unnamed]       dsrgsun.ces.cwru.edu    Previewer for Atari ST by Robert Stabl
[unnamed]       foobar.cs.colorado.edu  BDF format font files for X
                                        by Dirk Grunwald
[unnamed]       [email-masked]
                                        Amiga CommonTeX?
[unnamed]       mims-iris.waterloo.edu  fonts
[unnamed]       phoibos.cs.kun.nl       dvi previewer for the Archimedes (Acorn)
                                        pub/ToalTeX
[unnamed]       science.utah.edu        Hershey fonts
                (128.110.192.2)
[unnamed]       ftp.cs.ruu.nl       diagram macros by Francis Borceux

[unnamed]       terminator.cc.umich.edu Atari TeX stuff
[unnamed]       ux.acss.umn.edu         archives for Atari ST
[unnamed]       godzilla.cgl.rmit.oz.au TeX with previewer for PI's (sgi)
                131.170.14.2            (binaries)

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
[$\omega$] History and Acknowledgements

The original list is due to Ed Vielmetti ([email-masked]).  The information
was originally sorted by site.  Until 31-Dec-91, the document was
maintained by Raymond Chen ([email-masked]). Thanks for their good
work. Since Jan. 1, 1992, this document has been owned to Guoying Chen
([email-masked]), the document structure was re-organized in June, 1992.

Thanks to all the people whose articles in comp.text.tex I've ruthlessly
excerpted.  Opinions are those of the original authors (even though I've
lost many of the attributions), but if you want to blame me for them,
go ahead.

Thanks also to all the people who've sent me corrections, to the
authors of all the software, and to the many nameless administrators
which keep FTP sites up and running.

------------------------ end of the file -----------------------------

--
---
Guoying Chen, NYU Ultracomputer Lab.       Email:  [email-masked] 
715 Broadway,10th Floor,NY,NY 10003        Phone:  212-998-3365    
---                                       
$C_oU(r)a_n(t)$ -- our institute T-shirts.