Subject: summary: object-oriented programming tools

From: Christoph Maerker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 1999 21:29:25 +0200 (MEST)

Universite Louis Pasteur
Postal-Address: 4, rue Blaise Pascal, F- 67000 Strasbourg FRANCE
Phone: +33/3-88-41-53-19
Fax:   +33/3-88-60-63-83
X-Mailer: ELM [version 2.4ME+ PL37 (25)]
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Length: 2200      

Dear netters,

here is the summary about object-oriented programming tools.
Thanks to Tim and James who had replied, see below. The problem with
Fortran (77) is that it is not an object-oriented language per se.
Nevertheless, it seems that some people have found have found a workaround
to make life easier.

Bien amicalement,
Christoph

=======================================
#1
Return-Path: <[email-masked]>

Christoph,

I don't know of any CASE tools for Fortran, but Rational Rose is
considered to be the best for OO design and it's the best selling.
TogetherJ works on Java, but they may also have a C++ version. Both
packages are very expensive, running about $2500-3600 for node locked
licenses.

Tim

=======================================
#2