Subject: A new book, "Chemical Explanation".

From: Eric Scerri <scerri:at:chem.ucla.edu>
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2003 14:59:53 -0700

List members may be interested in an edited collection of articles 
that has just been published,

"Chemical Explanation", edited by Joseph E. Earley, published by New 
York Academy of Sciences, New York 2003.

ISBN:   1-57331-457-9.

It is also volume 988 of the Annals of the new York Academy of Sciences series.

The book contains a total of 40 articles, covering 377 pages.  Many 
of the articles were presented at the 6th summer symposium for the 
philosophy of chemistry and biochemistry held in Washington DC in 
August of 2002. The conference was part of an annual series organized 
by the ISPC.  See below for web pages.

regards,
eric scerri

-- 

Dr. Eric Scerri ,
UCLA,
Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry,
607 Charles E. Young Drive East,
Los Angeles,  CA 90095-1569
USA

E-mail :   scerri:at:chem.ucla.edu
tel:  310 206 7443
fax:  310 206 2061
Web Page:    http://www.chem.ucla.edu/dept/Faculty/scerri/index.html

Editor  of  Foundations of Chemistry
http://www.kluweronline.com/issn/1386-4238

Also see International Society for the Philosophy of Chemistry
http://www.georgetown.edu/earleyj/ISPC.html